Party of 7 - will single-rider save us any time?

Kwdsue

Mouseketeer
We are a party of 7. Will the single-rider lines save us any time, or does it only save time when you have a few people in your party?

I know TT, RNR, and EE have single-rider lines. Any other attractions with single-rider?

Does anyone have experience using single-line with a larger party? I can understand how it might benefit for a small party, but what about 6 or 7?

Does anyone have experience using single-line with a larger party? I can understand how it might benefit for a small party, but what about 6 or 7?

Not sure what your asking - if the single rider line is half the wait of the standby line then yes its going to save you time regardless of your party size. Keep in mind that you won't be seated together you will fill in any available seats.

I agree with the pp's EE is always faster than the standby line and often faster than the posted wait, TT is usually quicker and if you want to design your car just go to the exit first/ design your car/ save it to your magic band or park pass and then exit and enter the single rider line.

We have had varying experiences, with RnRC - occasionally its faster but it can also be longer than the standby line enough so that we don't use it anymore.

I understand that we won't be seated together. Since there are several of us, I'm wondering if we're going to save any time in the single line since we will only be placed in cars that have one spot open, which I assume occurs when there is an uneven number in a party. Maybe that occurs quite frequently, so the single line moves quickly. Since we've never done the single line, I don't know.

I know there is no way to give me an absolute answer - every day in a park is going to be different, and crowds ebb and flow, so wait times have the potential to change quickly. Also, there is no way of predicting how many single spaces are going to occur each day or each hour. That's why I asked for people's experiences, especially ones who have done it with a large party.

I hope my response isn't coming across terse or snarky. If I am, I apologize because that's not my intention. I'm trying to be as clear as I can about my question. So, I'll try to ask it in a different way.

1. Have you used a single-rider line (EE, TT, RNR) when you had a party of 6 -7?
2. Was your whole party thru the line quicker than the posted wait time? This is assuming each rode separate from the others in your party.

Hope this is a better way to express my question. Again, I'm asking for your experience and I understand everyone has a different one, so I'm not going to expect this is absolutely how it might happen for someone else:flower1:. Thanks!

Test Track is normally faster single rider since you don't have to queue up to design your car. During certain parts of the day like at 9:30 am, TT usually has a 30-40 standby minute wait, while single rider is walk-on or a minor 5 minute wait to get to the car. However, in the afternoon I have noticed single rider lines can reach long wait times as well (albeit single rider is just slighty faster). Expedition Everest is the same way as it is faster than standby, but I feel single rider queue is a bit slower with EE because of the 2 seat configuration while TT has a 3 seat configuration. More groups usually have 2 or 4 in their party which usually helps with TT single rider. Haven't rode RnR at Hollywood Studios so not sure about this line.

If you are comfortable of waiting several vehicles for your entire party and being completely split up, it can be a time saver. However, there have been times when I have been on EE where they only needed one single rider for a whole roller coaster or didn't need none at all so you could be waiting several ride vehicles before your entire party is finished with the attraction. It is a bit easier doing single rider with less people in the party.

Last edited:
We use SR lines with a large group all the time! Some SR lines don’t work well and that’s why it might take a few extra minutes with more people. But if you use the SR lines that work really well, your group will get off about the same time. The RnR SR line doesn’t work very well. However, the TT and EE SR lines are amazing. You can use them for a really short wait any time of day. The TT SR line is a life saver because at Epcot, with the FP+ tier system, it’s really hard to do the best rides multiple times.

I've never had a long wait for RnR single rider. I've done it once 6x in a row in about an hour. Otherwise the longest ive waited single rider was 15-20 minutes. i wouldnt not consider a long wait there as commonn as people say. everything is anecdotal after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!