Party of 8, two scooters and a stroller - My experience with accessibility

What happened at the Haunted Mansion to make the queue inaccessible to ECV's? Granted, it's been a few years, but the last time I was there ECV's went right through the regular queue and through the stretching rooms, and were only diverted out to the exit after the pre-show. So much so that when a person in my party wanted to park her ECV and walk through the queue on crutches, CM's came over to her and tried to talk her out of it.

What happened at the Haunted Mansion to make the queue inaccessible to ECV's? Granted, it's been a few years, but the last time I was there ECV's went right through the regular queue and through the stretching rooms, and were only diverted out to the exit after the pre-show. So much so that when a person in my party wanted to park her ECV and walk through the queue on crutches, CM's came over to her and tried to talk her out of it.

LOL I kind of have the same question - the last couple of years, we have done either After Hours or MNSSHP which are, admittedly a bit different in terms of how everything operates, so I haven't gone through HM during regular Park hours in probably 3 or 4 years. But I was always able to stay in my personal device and go all the way through the Stretching Room, and then park and wait for a DoomBuggy.

Kind of curious myself! :)

Hearing that you used to be able to use your ECV at the HM makes me Grumpy. I love HM, but since I have no balance when the lights go out (in the stretching room), I've had to avoid it. I figure no one would like it, if I fall down into them when the lights go out. If I could stay in my ECV, not a problem.

Hearing that you used to be able to use your ECV at the HM makes me Grumpy. I love HM, but since I have no balance when the lights go out (in the stretching room), I've had to avoid it. I figure no one would like it, if I fall down into them when the lights go out. If I could stay in my ECV, not a problem.

I presume it's one of those things where ECVs used to be OK - but then something happened, and so everyone gets "punished" because of an isolated incident.

I do think it's weird that they have been waving me through during the After Hours/Party events...

Nah, not so weird. Fewer people, fewer scooters, less crowded queues. I've mentioned before navigating the ToT line because nobody told me it wasn't allowed :)?

A different trip, when I hadn't seen the lobby/preshow in some years, I was able to nonconfrontationally :) demonstrate to an Area Manager how easily I could get through the queue, while pretty much everybody else was in Fantasmic.

I think the ban is to prevent complaints like, "well you just let that person through, why not me?" when 'that person' has an EGG the size of mamabunny's, while the kvetcher has an on-site rental monstrosity.

Could it have changed after they updated the queue with the interactive parts and made it more twisty and winding?

Could it have changed after they updated the queue with the interactive parts and made it more twisty and winding?

I don't believe so - they had that new queue the last time I was there, and they were still letting ECVs through the queue and pre-show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter