Party of 8, will we have issues?

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
We are a month out from making our ADR’s for our family trip. I have never traveled with a party of 8 before. It is already during free dining so I anticipate ADR’s being difficult to get. I want to set realistic expectations so should I anticipate issues with a table of 8 and consider splitting the group? Some of the restaurants we are considering are Chefs De France, San angel Inn, The Wave, Tusker House, Cape May, Crystal Palace, Momma Melrose, Rose and Crown and Yak and Yeti.

As long as you don't have a set time to go, you should be ok. Like, i want to go to Tusker House at 10:30 a.m. and won't budge from that by a half hour or an hour in each direction, that sort of thing. Since you're staying on property, you have that nice +10 day advantage too so as long as you're willing to change around dates/times, it should be fine.

I've made ADRs for party of 11 for several trips and never had a problem at all getting what we wanted.
The only thing is sometimes some restaurants will seat you at the beginning of their 'transition' from like lunch to dinner. If dinner starts at 5, that is the only time we were offered sometimes- not often but it has happened on a few occasions.
But we have always gotten every reservation we wanted~ included CRT at 8am before the park opens and Be our Guest dinner.

we've had 11 before, made reservations for 9, but a surprise from DS and his wife bumped us up, is was at T Rex, we were at DS shopping and went up to the front check in about 3 hours prior and asked to bump up to 11, no problem

As others have said, as long as you remain flexible you shouldn’t have too much of a problem. When my wife and I take our children and grandchildren we travel with 10 and never have had a problem getting reservations where we want.

I made reservations for 12 in February of 2018 and got everything we wanted, including Tusker House and Mama Melrose from your list. We ate at Crystal Palace the year before with 12 and had no issues. I think we did split into two tables of 6 at Mama Melrose, but they were pretty much side by side.

You shouldn't have any problems with 8.

We are always a party of 8, and we don't have any issues. The only place we do have a problem is at Yak and Yeti. You have to call the restaurant directly. I can't remember if its because they try to split the party up online when making the reservation, or if it wont take a party of that size on line for that restaurant. We are eating there next week and I had to call them on this upcoming trip and on a previous trip.

We are always a party of 8, and we don't have any issues. The only place we do have a problem is at Yak and Yeti. You have to call the restaurant directly. I can't remember if its because they try to split the party up online when making the reservation, or if it wont take a party of that size on line for that restaurant. We are eating there next week and I had to call them on this upcoming trip and on a previous trip.
Good to know. I’ll remember that if I have issues booking it.

I almost always have to book for a party of 8 and I have never failed to get an ADR for any place we wanted to eat. I had to be flexible once for and ADR at Le Cellier but it was only 30 minutes later than I wanted.

Today is our 180 day mark and my wife just called Yak & Yeti directly to try to make an ADR for 8. She was told they will not seat a party bigger than 6 and the best they could do was make 2 separate ADRs for close to the same time, but wouldn't guarantee the tables would be near each other.

Disney reservations wiol book you as a party of eight. You will be told your party may be split up. You might, but they say the same thing to parties of two. Or one.

I just made ADRs for 12 during summer free dining and had no issues at all. I had to move BOG lunch one day to my backup day, but that was it. We got CRT and Storybook dining too which can be harder to get. Good luck!

We have a party of 10 that I booked all my adrs for. But, I just changed them to 2 reservations of 5 because after hearing countless people tell me they waited quite awhile for that large of a table or a few pushed together took time. So I said forget it and we will just meet back up after we all finish eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter