Party of the Senses-10/24/03 a reveiw

Thmacs

Mouseketeer
I would like to report that this was a total bust, a huge dissapointment and waste of money; that way I would never have to worry about trying to get tickets to this unbeleivable event.
Seriously, as word gets out about how completely incredible this party is, it's going to be like Cindy's. People like me, who never remember to set thier alarm clocks in order to call Disney Dinning will not have a chance of getting in.
I knew we would be sampling 50 types of food and wines, beers and many other libations, but I imagined samples. Not exquisielty prepared, beautifully plated mini entrees, appetizers and desserts, and all the wine and whatever else you chose to drink.
Service was impeccable. There was minimal waiting, even if there was a small line it moved quickly. All the chefs were gracious and hospitable, almost like they were hosting they party themselves and were just really happy you could make it. We sampled everything it seemed and went back for those we liked the most. There seemed to be an endless supply, no station running out of anything. Even the oak grilled lobster tails. It was just my husband and I attending together and the most pleasent part of the evening was sharing tables with total stangers, making conversation, everyone we met was as happy to be there as us.
I could not beleive how quickly the night went. It seemed like we were there minutes when they were making the announcment for the begining of Illuminations.
To be honest the next day was pretty rough. Never ever drink multiple glasses of champagne, red/white wine and aged scotch on the same evening. At the time it seemed like a good idea but I will certainly know better for next year. For those of you who have tickets for one of the remaing parties I have just a couple words of advice. Pacing; something I did not do my self. Everywhere you turn someone wants you to try their wine, beer, scotch etc. It would be impolite to say no. I guess I did not have to finish it though, That might have prevented my extroidinary headache the next day though.
This will definetly be an annual event for my husband and I. I woudl reccomend it to anyone who loves food, drink and conversation!!!

I'm with you, Party for the Senses is an incredible event and I have mixed feelings about spreading the word to much.lol I almost want to keep it a 'secret', so I'll always be able to get tickets for it.
:bounce:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! This sounds like my type of party! I know you must have really enjoyed your time spent there and we will be next month!

Regards:
Carol
:wave2:

THmacs,

You have 100% echoed my sentiments after attending this event last year. I too feel that the Party is one of the (soon not to be) best-kept secrets at WDW, much less the F&W Festival.

That's partly why I'm so bummed that we had to cancel our plans for this year!

Thmacs, Could you please tell us a little of how people were dressed. Dresses? Pants?Shorts? Thanks bunches.:D

I was there on Oct. 24th too!! What an incredible evening- what WONDERFUL food and wines.....Not cheap- but worth every penny. Most people were dressed "resort casual" as was requested when we bought tickets so many months ago (think dressy khaki pants and nice polos or silk hawaiian shirts for men; dressy pants-suits or sundresses for women)(I was wearing a cocktail dress, and was on the dressier side of the crowd- although there were plenty of people who dressed up as well)---I was frankly apalled to see people in "theme park casual clothes"---Come on!! Who wears sweatpants and stained t-shirts to an $85 dinner?? I also saw someone in cut-off shorts and an equally torn t-shirt. It's a very classy event- and that was the only thing that disappointed me (quickly forgotten once I got to the yummy food however!!)..Jill

nasmith, thanks....I've worn dresses the past two years but this year people kept talking about resort casual, so I wanted to get a feel of what people were actually wearing. I'll probably wear a simple dress; to me it seems to fit the 'dining experience' of Party for the Senses. :D

My husband and I dressed as if we were going out for a nice dinner. I wore a 2 piece silk skirt outfit, my husband a silk polo and black dress pants. I can't say I really noticed how others were dressed. I know I felt comfortable and that's all that mattered to me.

Regarding dress, sounds to me like something with an elastic waist would be in order:crazy: !

There should be no excuse for torn clothing. LOL! Besides, we were told the dress code when we booked it.

I'm planning on tan khaki capris, a nice top, and sandals. It'll fit into their "smart casual" description, and it's definitely not my park clothes. (I wear shorts and Disney shirts, plus good walking sneakers as my park "uniform".)

Originally posted by blanq
Regarding dress, sounds to me like something with an elastic waist would be in order:crazy: !
:rotfl:

Sounds like a wonderful event. Hope we can get there some year.

Thmacs, Could you please tell us a little of how people were dressed. Dresses? Pants?Shorts? Thanks bunches.
Some of the people were dressed "out of this world". But, I think they were paid by Disney. ;)

We were at the Oct 18th party. The cognac guy was filling people's glasses to the brim. Wow, that was a lot of cognac!

Troy

I did notice one outfit that night. It was worn by the young guy who was pouring the scotch. He was dressed in a kilt and boy did he look good in it. I don't even like scotch but was compelled to try it, I don't really know why LOL!!!

Originally posted by TroyWDW
Some of the people were dressed "out of this world". But, I think they were paid by Disney. ;)

We were at the Oct 18th party. The cognac guy was filling people's glasses to the brim. Wow, that was a lot of cognac!

Troy

LOL! I heard second-hand that they were pouring scotch like it was chardonnay! Sounds like the cognac pourer was the same guy/gal. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter