Passport or Wolf Pup

Lion100

Earning My Ears
I am in the market to purchase my first camper with plans to camp at Fort Wilderness. I have narrowed my list to a Wolf Pup 16BH-D and a Passport 175BH. Which one would you choose and why? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Passport, 3 burner stove, double basin sink, outdoor speakers, more storage, and hookup for dual propane cans and dual batteries. Wolf Pup has single basin sink only 1 propane tank, less thrills and frills. If you have the money for the passport go for it.

Exciting, welcome to camping at FW. The 1st rule about Fort Wilderness, you don't talk about Fort Wilderness. Keep it Secret! but serious, go with storage, you can never have enough, but with that in mind, don't overload the unit, 90% of blow outs are due to overweight trailers. Be safe, have fun, your going to love it.

Hello Lion100. Last fall the wife and I bought a very similar trailer. We compared the wolf pup to a Jayco Jay Flight 174BH. Both super light bunk house models towable by our Acadia suv. For us the Jayco won out for one small detail. Our grandaughters will be in the little bunks. I wanted to mount small tvs with built in DVD players on the end walls of the bunks. The upper bunk in the Wolf Pup does not have an end wall, it is open to the rest of the camper. We preferred the 2 burner stove and single sink because that allowed countertop space. The passport has no countertop. Also, the Jayco has a small fridge under this countertop so it has a large pantry cabinet where the passport has a large fridge. We put food on one shelf and clothes on the other shelves in this pantry. These tiny bunk house trailers are great for small tow vehicles but they must sacrifice some things. You must decide what little details are most important to you. We chose to go with smaller stove, sink and fridge to have more countertop space and a large pantry cabinet. This little fridge holds plenty of food and a few drinks. We use a cooler for more drinks, I store it in the bathtub while traveling. I do not want 2 batteries or 2 propane tanks. They add a lot of weight on the tongue and hitch which is not good with a crossover SUV like the Acadia. The Jayco only weighs 3000 lbs empty, and 3500 max rated. My 2013 Acadia has a 5200 lb max tow rating so I have plenty of extra capacity for pulling up big hills. I have checked twice on trips into Arkansas from East Texas and I am getting 12 mpg which is very good for any RV rig. Also, the Jayco comes with a 2 year warranty. I did not buy the extended warranty. We paid $11950. for this brand new 2018 model. It came with a power awning, exterior speakers, USA made D load range Goodyear tires and AC. After 8 months and 6 camping trips I am still very happy with our new trailer. I am just pointing out what works for us. It may or may not be the best choice for you. Picture youself spending time in the camper, storing food, clothes, bedding, and having things out handy, where specifically can you put things. I added a 4 hook coat rack on the wall near the door, and 3 towel bars on a wall in the bathroom and a small towel ring on the wall near the sink. I hope this gives you some things to think about. Have fun choosing a trailer and go go go.

Thanks! I appreciate everyone's feed back. I end up buying a 2018 Palomini 177 BH. I took the camper out for the first time this weekend and loved it. My 2018 Traverse with the factory tow package pulled it like a charm. I was going to go with the Passport, but I did not get a comfortable feeling about the dealer who was selling them in my area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter