Passport requirements

2005michelle83

Mouseketeer
Morning all

We are booked to go to WDW next August 14th to 28th, staying at BC resort.

We’re just in the process of sorting our flights.

My in laws have asked whether you need to
Have any additional time on your passport for USA. They believed it was 6 months, but when I looked on the gov.uk site it says you only need to have a passport valid for the length of your stay.

Does anyone know for sure?

Many thanks

Michelle

I once had 5 months left on my passport when I went to California. The security didnt like it, and asked me lots of questions. It was alot more intimating than normal.

You only need a valid passport. The 6 month does not apply to UK citizens travelling on the ESTA scheme.
Info from US embassy website below. Saying that you can extend a UK passport, if you have 9 months or less remaining those months can be transferred to a new passport, so if you have 4 moths left your new passport would be for 10 years 4 months. Most people prefer to get a new one with extended months but it is not required.

Passport validity and the least six month rule.

For certain nationalities, the passport or other travel document must be valid for at least six months beyond the proposed stay in the United States. The six-month requirement does not apply to United Kingdom passports. If you will be applying for a visa using a passport of a different nationality, please click here to find out if the validity requirement applies.

You only need a valid passport. The 6 month does not apply to UK citizens travelling on the ESTA scheme.
Info from US embassy website below. Saying that you can extend a UK passport, if you have 9 months or less remaining those months can be transferred to a new passport, so if you have 4 moths left your new passport would be for 10 years 4 months. Most people prefer to get a new one with extended months but it is not required.

Passport validity and the least six month rule.

For certain nationalities, the passport or other travel document must be valid for at least six months beyond the proposed stay in the United States. The six-month requirement does not apply to United Kingdom passports. If you will be applying for a visa using a passport of a different nationality, please click here to find out if the validity requirement applies.

This is no longer the case, last year it was changed that they no longer add extra months on Martin Lewis reported on it https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...hit-out-after-being-given-shorter-than-expec/ . Its become like the photo driving licence where you lose if you renew early.

Thanks, didn't know that. I Googled to check first but must have been a cached page.

No problem, I only knew because I read on the Martin Lewis site, as it wasn't a public announcement & people have been caught out by it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!