Past Christmas Cruiser? How do you tell your extended family??

tksbaskets

DIS Veteran
OK we are signed up for the 12/18/04 Christmas Cruise. Any suggestions on what to tell the extended family when you are spending Christmas with Mickey and not with them?? I'm sure someone has a great line I can use ;)

LOL
Just tell them they are welcome to join you!

We had a good excuse last time...it was our honeymoon!

Maybe somehting to the tune of
"Santa sent our gifts out early-but sent them to the wrong place so we have to go pick them up." OK so that sounds a little stupid...

You could send post cards from Gifts of a Lifetime from all the characters saying they appologize but this year you will be spending time with them Signed Love Mickey

Get creative...I guess that is my best advice!

"I'm sorry but because this is a 10 day cruise and the price is outrageous you'll be getting a piece of coal this year. However we'll be having the time of our life."
This HAS to be done with a straight face though or you'll lose any credibility or sense of sincerity.
Cheers,
Grumbo

Originally posted by Grumbo
"I'm sorry but because this is a 10 day cruise and the price is outrageous you'll be getting a piece of coal this year. However we'll be having the time of our life."
This HAS to be done with a straight face though or you'll lose any credibility or sense of sincerity.
Cheers,
Grumbo

LOL! I LOVE that one! :) I would just tell them...see you guys when we get back & go have a great time. Noone is allowed to be at our house on Christmas Day & we don't go anywhere until 2 days later...have to shop the deals the day after. ;)

Hi tksbaskets.

Any suggestions on what to tell the extended family when you are spending Christmas with Mickey and not with them??

Tell them you are converting to Judiasm and will see them on Chanukkah...

We had this same problem last year when we decided to go to Disneyland at Christmas for the first time. I held off mentioning the holidays at all until the last possible moment, and then I finally told them that we had an opportunity to see Disney at Christmas (which none of us ever had), and that we wanted to do something with just myself, DH and the kids, and also it took a little of the sting out when I told them (half truth) that this was the only gift that any of us was getting. Also promised to bring them back something. They got over it...we just didn't push the pictures and stories onto them.
Now my problem is....how do I tell them that we decided to make this trip a Christmas tradition??!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter