Pasta in the Parks dinner worth it?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
DH just got an invitation to the Pasta in the Parks dinner-at the low, low price of $54/person! Was wondering if it was worth it. Frankly, when we noticed that it's at 7:00, and you get viewing of Illuminations, he thought "No way!" If he's getting up before 4:00 the next morning, he'd like to grab some pasta around 5:00, then listen to Illuminations while he's in his jammies at BCV. However, is it a good opportunity to socialize and meet some other runners? Or do most runners think like he does-starting something at 7:00pm is just too late the night before such an early race?

I look at it like this: you've spent 100s, if not 1000s of dollars to be in Disney, so make the most of it. Going to bed too early backfires because you're not ready to go to sleep. The other thing to consider is are you going to have any other park time? If not PITP is a good way to get some time in Epcot. If I remember correctly, we were able to get in around 4:30.

So hit Epcot at 4:30, plan to be at the dinner at 7:15 (avoid the initial rush), grab a character picture, especially if you see your race 'mascot', skip Illuminations (it doesn't do anything for me), and you're still in bed at a fairly reasonable hour.

I share the same way of thinking as your spouse and decided to skip it and eat around 5:00PM. I may not go to sleep any earlier, but I will be able to stay off my feet and relax for a few extra hours.

I was toying with the idea of running my race and then doing this party that night AFTER my race (so totally not for any carb loading pre-race reasons), just as a way to get admission into Epcot at night and watch illuminations, etc. But then our trip became a full family trip and plans changed around a bit that it no longer makes sense for us.

But I still think it wouldn't be a terrible idea for someone to run their race, Take a shower and a nap, etc and then go back to Epcot at 4:30 for a party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter