Paying early, any drawbacks?

Adora

DIS Veteran
So my plan was to pay for the deposit and memory maker this month. And then pay $1000 each month on the hotel until it's paid in full. This will leave a few months before we go to save up some food/souvenir money.
So my question is there a drawback to paying things off months before you go? Do you normally pay early or do you just save up and pay in one shot? TIA

There no real drawback other than Disney has your money instead of you saving it and potentially making a little interest off of it. Plus, if you do need to cancel, you have to wait to get your money refunded. I never pay anything off until about 2 or 3 days prior to our pay-in-full date.

There no real drawback other than Disney has your money instead of you saving it and potentially making a little interest off of it. Plus, if you do need to cancel, you have to wait to get your money refunded. I never pay anything off until about 2 or 3 days prior to our pay-in-full date.

This....if you have to cancel, you have to wait a while to get refunded.

My credit card gives 3% cashback on the first $2,500 travel spent each quarter. So to maximize cashback it makes sense for me to pay $2,500 now and wait to pay another $2,500 in April. If you have something similar that could affect what you want to do in terms of payment timing.

So my plan was to pay for the deposit and memory maker this month. And then pay $1000 each month on the hotel until it's paid in full. This will leave a few months before we go to save up some food/souvenir money.
So my question is there a drawback to paying things off months before you go? Do you normally pay early or do you just save up and pay in one shot? TIA

Everyone is different, but I like having everything paid in full before I go. I usually do RO, so after the initial deposit, I make payments every so often to get it paid prior to arriving.

Will they refund the amount of the Memory Maker?

I don't think memory maker is refundable, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully others will be able to answer.

Will they refund the amount of the Memory Maker?

I had mine bundled into my package, so when I cancelled the package it was refunded. And my refund took like 24-48 hours to clear at the most...I usually pay mine off well before the money's due but that's because of my own financial quirks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter