Paying for DDP

schatz5k

Mouseketeer
Hi All

I wondering if we can pay member services in advance for our DDP. I was thinking more on the lines of paying for it a bit at a time? I know I could just call member services, but I keep forgetting about it until it's too late in the evening.

Thanks

I asked if I could pre-pay it all at once and MS said no. It has to be paid for at check-in. Why don't you try opening a savings acct. and adding money a little at a time until you have it all. Then, before you leave you can transfer it to your checking account and use your debit card to pay for it at check-in. That's how I used to save money for spring break trips when I was in college. I called it my "vacation savings account." You could make a "meal plan savings account." :teeth:

Only available at check in, but unless you are paying for 10-12 people, it isn't going to be a huge amount.

Considering the fact that they don't collect a deposit on member cash nights, I don't think they want to handle receivables. They would have to setup an accounting system, have staff to handle it. Probably not worth the expense (which would come back to us in dues).

Anotehr thing you could do , and I know many do besides me, the money you would have used to pay it off a little at a time take it and but disney dollars and bring those with you to pay off when you check in. Or like someone else said open a savings account and when you get enough to pay for the plan buy a pre-paid credit/debit card and use that for payment.

There's also the new Disney Gift Card.....(available at Disneyshopping.com & at Disney Stores).....They can be loaded incrementally & hold a maximum of $1500.....

Tink10 said:
There's also the new Disney Gift Card.....(available at Disneyshopping.com & at Disney Stores).....They can be loaded incrementally & hold a maximum of $1500.....
I really want one of these now! I read the FAQ and it says that if you lose the card you can make a phone call and, as long as you show your receipt, you can get a new one!!!

Although the Disney website does say this:
At this time, Gift cards are not accepted at the resort front desk or valid for use for payment of Walt Disney World Resort Hotel room nights.
But also, it says that this is pending for the future. I wonder how long it will take to get this up and running... :confused3

We haven't received any info in the stores about the "resort front desk" issue, but I'll check into it today....... :)

Tink10 said:
This was going to be my suggestion.

In fact, we used the Disney Visa Rewards card this past trip and thought it was so convenient to pay for everything here and there. I think next time we'll get this Disney Gift Card to use next trip. It beats any alternative in our book!

dianeschlicht said:
Wow, $1500 would pay for the DDP for 39 people!! :teeth:

Actually it would come up short $196 for a family of four (all considered adults) for 10 days!

Thanks all for the suggestions. For our family it looks like it will cost $2055.00 for the 13 days we are there in Jan. Hopefully they won't raise the prices.

I think I'll be contacting ING, unless I can find out if the Disney Gift Card can be used at member services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!