Paying for luau

The luau is run by an outside party, so not sure... I would think not, but you should call the company directly to ask that question. Please post here when you find out the answer, as I am curious myself!

The luau is run by an outside party, so not sure... I would think not, but you should call the company directly to ask that question. Please post here when you find out the answer, as I am curious myself!
Just called they do not take Disney gift card. Guess I will have to spend it on something else!

When I called to book our luau for June, I was told that I had to put a credit card down but when we arrive at the luau, we can convert the cost to a room charge. You can then use a gift card to pay off the room charge. So it seems like there is an indirect way to use a gift card! I think it’s worth it to save $30 for our family of 4 (via the 5% discount on Disney gift cards with the Target Red Card)

I called Disney earlier this week and they also told me I would be able to convert the charge to my gift card once I’ve checked in.

Thank you to those who called! All of our spending money is coming from gift cards I got as an award from work. I'd planned to use part of that for the luau!

I am not sure how much this will help, but the last time we went there we went on a DVC tour (super quick and painless) and they gave us 2 tickets to the luau! I also used some room credit to pay for the kids as well. It is a beautiful performance and really enjoyed it. Have fun!

Reviving this old thread. Going this summer and starting to stockpile gift cards for expenses. Is it still the case that the luau can be booked and held with a card, and then charged to the room later to be able to use Disney gift cards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter