Paying off chargers with a giftcard?

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
I'm going to link my Disney Visa to my Magic Band. Can I still get 10% off of purchases over $50? And, on check out day, can I pay off the charges with a Disney giftcard at the check in desk?

I'm going to link my Disney Visa to my Magic Band. Can I still get 10% off of purchases over $50? And, on check out day, can I pay off the charges with a Disney giftcard at the check in desk?
You can only get the discount if you use the card to pay at the point of service. You do not receive the discount by using it to pay off room charges.

You can only get the discount if you use the card to pay at the point of service. You do not receive the discount by using it to pay off room charges.
I was going to link the Disney Visa to my band. So, that won't work then?

I was going to link the Disney Visa to my band. So, that won't work then?
You can link it to your band, but you won't get the discount by using your magic band to pay. You have to use the card when you pay at the time of purchase.

Also, learn from my mistake. I didn't realize Disney sweeps your band charges to your credit card throughout your stay. I had $1,000 built up on a GC after several months of buying discounted ones for a trip. About 3/4 of the way into the trip I was around the resort front desk and stopped in to have them apply the gift card to my folio. I wasn't paying attention.....the folio had swept the day before and I only had a small balance at the time and that was all that was processed. I didn't realize it until I got home. All well.....had over $800 left on the GC to help pay for our next trip!

Also, learn from my mistake. I didn't realize Disney sweeps your band charges to your credit card throughout your stay. I had $1,000 built up on a GC after several months of buying discounted ones for a trip. About 3/4 of the way into the trip I was around the resort front desk and stopped in to have them apply the gift card to my folio. I wasn't paying attention.....the folio had swept the day before and I only had a small balance at the time and that was all that was processed. I didn't realize it until I got home. All well.....had over $800 left on the GC to help pay for our next trip!

They charge before it hits the room limit. This helps makes sure you won't run into that limit while charging in the park the next day (they usually run it between like midnight and 5AM) but also helps to decrease the amount that they would lose if you gave them a bad CC, or cancelled it before they could run it.

If this does happen in the future, the front desk should be able to refund your CC, and apply the gift card balance to the charges instead.

I had heard about this and went by every night and paid off my day charges with a GC.

Sailed the Fantasy last week and they will put DV on your Key to the World Card for the discount. I am pretty sure I then paid the bill with a GC. I had one GC on the account and watched it through the app and then added another when the balance was getting low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!