Paying room only balance with cash?

lacy1101

DIS Veteran
I understand that the balance due on my room-only reservation will be charged to the card on file the morning of check-in. Would I be able to pay the balance in cash when I check in and have the charge on my card reversed?

I understand that the balance due on my room-only reservation will be charged to the card on file the morning of check-in. Would I be able to pay the balance in cash when I check in and have the charge on my card reversed?

When we've checked in, they always ask for my card and charge the balance then for the room, but it seems to be with a temporary hold because the entire charge for our last 8 day stay, including valet parking and magic band purchases, wasn't run through as a lump sum permanent charge until our day of check out, so paying with a different card has never been an issue, but I'm not sure if Disney allows cash payments.

In the past they would charge your card as soon as their system rolled over that morning (5 or 6 AM), and yes they can reverse it. Now with the new "CC hold" I have been reading posts that the CC is not charged until a few days after check-in, so typical WDW, no consistency. I personally like to have it all paid off before check-in day and buy discounted GCs and pay it over the phone.

I have had a reversal of charges done when the charged my card, when it should have been DH business card because he was working. This was CSR, they were fine with doing it but it was a 20-30 minute ordeal. :rolleyes:

My card has been charged in the early morning hours every trip for the last 5-6 years.

Like the pp, I pay my balance off with gift cards prior to arrival. I don't do OCI, so I never have a cc on file that can be charged. Having my balance paid ahead of time is nice as it's one less thing I have to worry about when I arrive.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I ended up calling the day before we left and paid off the balance so didn't have to worry with getting the charges reversed. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter