Payments through Costco Website Question

kerry1379

Mouseketeer
I booked a cruise through the the Costco website. When I did that, it asked what date I wanted to schedule final payment for. But since that time I have made another payment toward the cruise (also on the website). The scheduled final payment that I have with them still lists the previously owed amount. The details show that I made a payment and the new balance is correct. It is just that scheduled final payment amount that hasn't changed. This was over a month ago so a delay in updating seems to be out of the question. I will call customer service but am just wondering if this is normal. If this is normal, I may wait until closer to time after I have made my other payments so I only have to call once rather than each time. Thanks all!

I've never been asked when I want to schedule final payment. Costco has always just told me a deadline, which is a few weeks before DCL's deadline.

While my total payment isn't changing, my balance changes:

upload_2019-2-21_11-39-32.png

FigmentSpark, mine looks like that (different numbers, but correct) but right under that, it says "Scheduled Payment" with the date I set and the outstanding amount after I paid the deposit but not reflecting the payment I made. I just wondered if Costco "knows" that I paid toward the cruise and would adjust that scheduled payment accordingly, or if they still plan on billing that amount-ultimately resulting in a huge credit. I find it odd that it wouldn't adjust accordingly.

Interesting that they didn't ask you when you wanted to schedule final payment. I couldn't schedule for later than a few weeks before the PIF date, but I could choose earlier-and I did because I stress about stuff like that.

I know-I need to call. I just hate customer service calls...

I don't have that line at all. But mine is Costco Canada, which should be the same.

When did you make your booking? Mine was back in Sept/Oct. Just thinking they might have had a system update?

I agree, call and see what's going on.

You might try updating the final payment date by a day or so and see if it updates to the new balance.

Costco, if you don't call first, will try and charge your final payment a few days prior to the actual final payment. If paying with Disney Gift Cards (5% off from Target) it's best to call a week plus before the due date.

I had this situations and mine also was not updated. I went online and manually paid off the actual balance about a week before it was scheduled to pay. It updated to paid in full at that time on both the Costco website and the DCL site. So not ideal, but just what I did.

I believe I had the same issue as I also was making some payments. I called, and I think they said they would only charge the amount remaining, but in the end I had to make some other changes so I ended up doing my payment on the phone with them. I would just call as they are quick to answer. Possibly a bit of a website glitch too if it isn't showing a reduced balance.

Sorry I read the post where you said you hate calling. I feel ya! I never enjoy calling much. That being said, they are really helpful on the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter