PayPal account

disneykins

DIS Veteran
I have a Canadian based PayPal account that gets money deposited when I rent my DVC through Davids DVC rentals. The money goes in as USD. If I want to withdraw it I have to take it in Canadian dollars (and pay an exchange rate). I want to buy an e gift card in USD to use to pay my DVC dues. Paypal wont let me do it, they say Disney wont ship gift cards to Canada. They are shipping it by email to my email address so I put in a dummy US address as my shipping address (I used OKW address) and Paypal says Disney will only accept payment from US based Paypal account. Very frustrated. So I guess my question is can I get a US based Paypal account even though I don't have a US address? What if I put OKW address as my US address? I wont be getting anything shipped there, but would I then be able to transfer USD from my Canadian Paypal account to my US pay pal account? I think Paypal will want a US based bank which is a whole other problem, lol, no US address.

The reason I'm asking this here is the Paypal helpline is useless and their forums have answers from 5 years ago, so not very helpful. There must be someone on here who has found a way to get their USD out of their Paypal accounts without paying exchange rates and without having a US address.
Thanks,
Tony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter