PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Are we able to collect points when buying a Shoppers G/C? I vaguely remember being able to do this at one point. Theoretically then, could you use a Shoppers G/C to buy a Disney G/C?

Are we able to collect points when buying a Shoppers G/C? I vaguely remember being able to do this at one point. Theoretically then, could you use a Shoppers G/C to buy a Disney G/C?
You only get points on Shoppers GCs if they have a special offer going. that doesn't happen often. As to purchasing a Disney GC with a Shoppers GC the answer is no. I asked that same question once when Shoppers had a deal on their GC's.

Well, it took me ages to get around to searching this post out. :blush: I got a No Frills email today that says TOMORROW (Wednesday, March 13) you can get 4000 PC points for spending $10 on Cadbury chocolate. Since the Hazelnut Dairy Milk Chocolate bars are my go to to stash away, that's just 5....or maybe Cadbury mini-eggs. :rolleyes1

Well, it took me ages to get around to searching this post out. :blush: I got a No Frills email today that says TOMORROW (Wednesday, March 13) you can get 4000 PC points for spending $10 on Cadbury chocolate. Since the Hazelnut Dairy Milk Chocolate bars are my go to to stash away, that's just 5....or maybe Cadbury mini-eggs. :rolleyes1

Ooooooooooo that's a great offer. I'm not a chocolate person, but I do LOVE the mini eggs. The Easter Bunny has been known to give this Momma ( with her name on it ) a big bag of those just for her :lmao:And I don't like to share those ones lol. I think I would be going to complete that offer. That's a pretty easy one.

I thought I would post the link to the flyer for this week. It is 20X the points again this weekend...on both Saturday and Sunday!!! It looks like they are seeing who is all reading emails or using the app. If you only have email and use your card, you have to download the offer or use your app to get the bonus points. Looks like they have a bonus offer on the ultimate dining card...spend 200.00 on a card(s) and get 30,000 points...so essentially your only paying 170.00 for the card. I can spot a few things I might pick up that are a good price this week. I'm hoping I can sneak down there this weekend...got a busy weekend with family and daughter's bridal shower, so this momma has lots on her plate. But I'm also using my optimum points to help offset the costs of excursions for the week in May for the wedding!!!!

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/flyer

I'm not sure if we covered this, but can I redeem points and still earn points at Shoppers? I know I can at Superstore/Loblaws.

I'd like to do the 20x/$50 event, but I'd also like to cash out 50,000 on that offer.

I guess they noticed I did groceries last week at Fortinos, as this week I have a 17,500 pts for every 175$ spent. Normally I just get Shoppers offers, so this is great! In total, I have 28 offers.

I guess they noticed I did groceries last week at Fortinos, as this week I have a 17,500 pts for every 175$ spent. Normally I just get Shoppers offers, so this is great! In total, I have 28 offers.
It is nice that they give you offers based on what you purchase. We often get points for things we shop for weekly like veggies and deli meat and snack items. I have had them also try to give me the offer, but it's on something that is on sale...so then you would have to buy 2 or more. Here is an example. I often buy Nutrigrain Bars for the one son for school lunches. They will give me an offer of get X point when you spend 2.00 but they are on sale for 1.98. I will have to buy 2 in order to get the bonus. But I have also then saved that offer for the following week...so that I can maximize it when they are full price. But that's only because the bank account allows me to do that...some years, it has not :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if we covered this, but can I redeem points and still earn points at Shoppers? I know I can at Superstore/Loblaws.

I'd like to do the 20x/$50 event, but I'd also like to cash out 50,000 on that offer.

Not at Shoppers. Loblaws lets you, but Shoppers did not give me my points when I redeemed. I was told it was because my redeemption of points brought my purchase under the $50 thresheld spend amount needed. Cashier ended up bringing a Manager over to void my purchase; put my points back on; and then rang the purchase through again *without* my redeeming any points in order to get the points for spending $50.

Not at Shoppers. Loblaws lets you, but Shoppers did not give me my points when I redeemed. I was told it was because my redeemption of points brought my purchase under the $50 thresheld spend amount needed. Cashier ended up bringing a Manager over to void my purchase; put my points back on; and then rang the purchase through again *without* my redeeming any points in order to get the points for spending $50.

ok thanks!

Ooooooooooo that's a great offer. I'm not a chocolate person, but I do LOVE the mini eggs. The Easter Bunny has been known to give this Momma ( with her name on it ) a big bag of those just for her :lmao:And I don't like to share those ones lol. I think I would be going to complete that offer. That's a pretty easy one.
I went in to my no frills and grabbed $10.65 of chocolate and got my 4,000 points! Making my list for $50 for Saturday now too.

It is nice that they give you offers based on what you purchase. We often get points for things we shop for weekly like veggies and deli meat and snack items. I have had them also try to give me the offer, but it's on something that is on sale...so then you would have to buy 2 or more. Here is an example. I often buy Nutrigrain Bars for the one son for school lunches. They will give me an offer of get X point when you spend 2.00 but they are on sale for 1.98. I will have to buy 2 in order to get the bonus. But I have also then saved that offer for the following week...so that I can maximize it when they are full price. But that's only because the bank account allows me to do that...some years, it has not :rolleyes:
My experience is that Fortinos/Loblaws round UP, so you only need to buy that one box at 1.98 to get the deal...but Shoppers does NOT round up, so you have to buy 2 boxes...or that's what I've noticed...

Our No Frill's and Superstore don't here :rolleyes2 and I have not received mine when I was only 2 cents short on the above said nutrigrain bars. So now I will save it for the following week and either buy one or two to maximize whatever the offer is. It frustrates me a little, but then I'll wait until next week to get them lol. There is always lots of food in the pantry for them to choose from lol :rolleyes1

I bought PC coffee pods with a target offer last night. Offer was spend $6, get 1200 pts. Cups were on sale for $5.99 and I still received my full 1200 pts.

I don't know if they would have round up if they were $5.98 though.

Just back from my Shoppers run. Spent $51.72 after tax and received 18200 ($18.20) in PC points. That is a great return no matter how you look at it. I will say, what I like the best is that my taxes on my purchases are pretty much nothing because most of my buys are grocery related. My pre tax was $50.55 and adding the tax of $1.17 my total is $51.72. When I try to do a $50 shop at Rexall my tax is usually in the area of $6 because they have so little in groceries. Plus at Rexall I'm really looking for something to buy as opposed to walking a grocery isle and picking up what I need.

Not knocking Rexall, I will still shop there, but this PC thing is amazing!

So Sat morning musing. I have been a PC member since the start, approx 18years or so. This has been my go to for points and even more than AM. In the early stages of PC was the best. You could swap points between Sears and PetroCan. Sears at the time had accelerated point levels, the more points the better the return, but they did expire after a short time. So we would make sure we kept all our points in PC and switched when, and if needed.
During this stage we were able to switch out enough to pay for washer and dryer and stove for the new house. And please let me explain neither of us are high income earners, it was just maxing out points and switching to Sears when they reached the max payout. We also used them to pay for a trip to Greece flights and hotels.
Then they dropped the exchange, bad times ahead I thought. But hey free groceries and at the time could still get GC no issues. Then the whole no GC except for the small weak work around of paying for them, and getting the groceries for free, still the same, but not.
Now with the merge to Optimum, we start to get better again. 20x events and the accelerator events when you use 100000 points and get 130000 worth, example.
It can very well be a great program if worked proper. And as others have said my emails for the most part are geared towards items we buy most of the time.
Happy shopping all.

I won't get to shoppers until tonight or tomorrow morning. I keep tweaking my grocery list.

I earned 6,000 at superstore Friday on a $40 spend. Not great, but this is our cheaper grocery budget week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter