PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I went with my daughter this morning, both of us had the offer and she got 40,000 points ($40) back on $60. My shop was going to take awhile, we had lots of errands and she hadn't had breakfast so I said I'd shorten the list and go back later. At 4pm when I went back they were saying it was a glitch and everyone now will only get 20,000. They were also saying someone in their store earlier received 500,000 points.

I went with my daughter this morning, both of us had the offer and she got 40,000 points ($40) back on $60. My shop was going to take awhile, we had lots of errands and she hadn't had breakfast so I said I'd shorten the list and go back later. At 4pm when I went back they were saying it was a glitch and everyone now will only get 20,000. They were also saying someone in their store earlier received 500,000 points.
I knew I should have went earlier in the day booo... Oh well even 20,000 will help..

I'm not impressed with the Shoppers I stopped at on my way home. $65 pre-tax total rung in and then the cashier says the system has been glitching today and most people aren't getting awarded their 20,000 points with the $60 spend. Contact PC Optimum for your points. The offer is still showing on my APP more than 30 minutes later. It clearly glitched and did not go through. If it worked, the offer would have been removed by now. I really really wanted to tell her to refund everything and go elsewhere but there was a long line and she was the only cashier. 15 items.. everything but one was something we needed and almost everything I bought was a good price.

EDITED: If she had said that *before* I would have put everything back on the shelves; walked out and gone to a different location. (sigh)

Take a screen shot of the offer before it disappears tonight then send a claim. Once the system glitched at Maxi and nothing went thru. Luckily I had screenshots of everything because they tried to tell me it didn’t work because I had not loaded them on my card. I was able to send them by e-mail (replied to they denial of my claim) and they finally gave me my points.

I just shopped and hadn’t looked at this thread today so didn’t even know they were having issues. I spent $68.31 after tax and got 22,345 points . That put me over $100 in points which I will use tomorrow. I have a bonus redemption offer for tomorrow for $75 off for every 50,000 I redeem.
I plan to get all stocking stuffers done tomorrow and redeem the $100 for $150.

I stopped on my way home and got my 20,000 points for the spend $60. I did my Lindt in a separate order because I had enough and want to use them for work so a separate receipt is better

The 20,000 points won't be clawed back. I'm referring to those who "won" more than 20,000 points today. Shoppers/PC randomly sent out a contest offer of Spend $60 get 20,000 points and a chance to win up to 1M points in the APP. People were winning $100 to the highest reported was $850. Now, hours later, Shoppers/PC has taken everyone's points back and left 30,000 as a "sorry for the inconvenience".

The 20,000 points won't be clawed back. I'm referring to those who "won" more than 20,000 points today. Shoppers/PC randomly sent out a contest offer of Spend $60 get 20,000 points and a chance to win up to 1M points in the APP. People were winning $100 to the highest reported was $850. Now, hours later, Shoppers/PC has taken everyone's points back and left 30,000 as a "sorry for the inconvenience".
That is horrible.

I will say that when I was first reading about this I thought there must be something wrong. That many people can not be winning those amounts. Doesn't make sense, the company would be taking a huge loss. Then when I was reading that the system went down, in my mind, I thought yup, they caught the glitch and shut it down.
While it's going to be a nightmare public relations thing for Shoppers I'm not surprised they took back the points. Was the 30,000 they left on top of the 20,000 earn for spending $60? If so, that's not a bad deal. $50 on a $60 spend. I do feel sorry for those who had gone ahead and used the points. That would be discouraging.

I will say that when I was first reading about this I thought there must be something wrong. That many people can not be winning those amounts. Doesn't make sense, the company would be taking a huge loss. Then when I was reading that the system went down, in my mind, I thought yup, they caught the glitch and shut it down.
While it's going to be a nightmare public relations thing for Shoppers I'm not surprised they took back the points. Was the 30,000 they left on top of the 20,000 earn for spending $60? If so, that's not a bad deal. $50 on a $60 spend. I do feel sorry for those who had gone ahead and used the points. That would be discouraging.

As of this morning, my daughters 40,000 hasn't been clawed back, I don't think it will but who knows. Those with very unreasonable wins were being reimbursed yesterday 10,000 points over the 20,000 so 30,000 points. I think most that spent their points knew it was too good to be true and were using the points while they could.

What is this offer/promo you guys are talking about?
Does anyone have a picture of what the promo said? I didn't receive it so don't have a frame of reference.

I don't have a picture of the offer however it was an offer for spend $60 get 20,000 points. You had to read further into it to see that there was also a mention of possibly getting more points as an added bonus, chance type thing. I only read the first line of spend $60 and didn't read any farther simply because I knew I wouldn't spend $60. I went back and re-read the offer once the talk of the extra points came about.
Now, as of today, I haven't received a text offer. Anyone get it yet? That comes out Tuesday doesn't it?

I was soo busy over the weekend, I didn't even look at what the offers were this weekend.

WOW...what a public relations nightmare this is going to be for them.

Congratulations to all who were able to get in a get some of those promo points. I just logged into my app to see what offers were on my app, it looks like the hubby did some xmas shopping and got 29,000 points on Saturday. Guess that's why he wouldn't let me see all pending purchases on this cc when we paid bills on Sunday :tilt: .

I saved a couple of offers for next week already. Hopefully there is a good offer for redeeming points this weekend, then I can get some stocking stuffers done.

I took a screen shot of the offer, but I didn’t end up getting in to a store.

Not the full terms and conditions, but here’s the info:

It sounds like a great contest, and it’s too bad they screwed it up and clawed back the big wins.

Attachments

• B5A1DD16-D70D-491C-AD19-C78176953B55.png
    B5A1DD16-D70D-491C-AD19-C78176953B55.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 15
In can’t believe they clawed them back. It said you had a chance to win more. And now because more people then they wanted to win more they are taking them back? There is something really wrong with that.

Yea I didn't get this. I bet it was regional (ON)...
I'm in Ontario, shop at Shoppers regularly and did not receive this offer

I took a screen shot of the offer, but I didn’t end up getting in to a store.

Not the full terms and conditions, but here’s the info:

It sounds like a great contest, and it’s too bad they screwed it up and clawed back the big wins.

Looking at your picture I can't believe they'll get away with clawing back points that customers were awarded. If they messed up that's on them but if I had a receipt showing I'd been awarded 'x' number of points I'd be holding on to that and fighting for those points if they claw them back. It's not the customer's fault that they messed up. Yes, I can see them stopping offering anything more than the 20,000 as soon as they realized there was a problem but taking back points that guests had won is a different story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter