PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Just heard on the news that they will be reinstating the clawed back points. I guess everyone winning large amounts of points was a technical glitch. Now I’m mad I didn’t go and buy stuff I didn’t need right now lol. Oh well at least I got the Lindt glitch lol.

Now I'm not impressed. What about all the people that did the contest in good faith later in the day when the max you could get was 20,000 because of the early "winners" or the system taken down?

This will now likely cost us all in less and smaller promotions in the future.

I've been watching quietly in the background over this whole mess and decided to dig into the terms of the programme and they do have fine print that will in fact allow them to claw back points. Sucks that it's happened and how they chose to fix this will be interesting!

To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any errors in the PC Optimum points balance displayed on any website, email, mobile app or other method. If any PC Optimum points are awarded to your Account in error, we reserve the right to deduct the number of PC Optimum points awarded in error at any time and without notice to you. We are not obligated to honour a request to redeem PC Optimum points added to an Account in error.

I've been watching quietly in the background over this whole mess and decided to dig into the terms of the programme and they do have fine print that will in fact allow them to claw back points. Sucks that it's happened and how they chose to fix this will be interesting!

To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any errors in the PC Optimum points balance displayed on any website, email, mobile app or other method. If any PC Optimum points are awarded to your Account in error, we reserve the right to deduct the number of PC Optimum points awarded in error at any time and without notice to you. We are not obligated to honour a request to redeem PC Optimum points added to an Account in error.

ok I think this would work for say if the wanted to claw back the points we got from the Lindt offer glitch. But the promotion was that you could win additional points up to 1,000,000 points. So they weren’t really given in error. I think just more people won large amounts then they had planned on.

ok I think this would work for say if the wanted to claw back the points we got from the Lindt offer glitch. But the promotion was that you could win additional points up to 1,000,000 points. So they weren’t really given in error. I think just more people won large amounts then they had planned on.
You're right, there's no question the points were connected to a promo they offered and they really do need to honour them but I'm sure they were trying to fall back on the fine print i quoted! I'm interested to see how they deal with the fall-out, it's a customer loyalty nightmare -- the people who won large amounts and then had them clawed back will be fuming!!!

RCCL had a similar situation recently. Their drink packages were priced at $18 US a day for a short period of time. It's normally in the $60 US area, sometimes a little, more sometimes a little less. Word got out, people quickly scooped up the offer, Royal figured it out and put the kibosh on it. They sent out an email and said it was a mistake and they would not be honoring it. Loads of outrage from clients to the point where Royal had to take a step back and honor their error. They have to now take a loss, and I'm sure its a big loss, but it all came down to customer relations.
Doesn't always work out for the clients though. Four years ago, when we were taking our first RCCL cruise and leaving DCL behind, there was a similar mistake. I got in on that deal and was pleased at the sale I hit. Royal found their mistake, sent the emails of apology out, and never did honor the package price. I sent off an email to the president of the company and received a call back from their office. They ended up giving us a $200 OBC but they would not honor the package price they posted.
Some times you win, some times you lose or as I like to say, it is what it is. :flower3:

I'm bummed that it's a redemption weekend...I need to earn more points! lol

And I was hoping for a redemption weekend lol. I'll be picking up some of the stocking stuffers this weekend. I have too many points in our account and it's making me nervous that they are still in there. I need to cash them out into the holiday fund. I don't need someone to steal those points like @dancin Disney style had done to her account. I work hard for those points...I'm not going to have them stolen.

And I was hoping for a redemption weekend lol. I'll be picking up some of the stocking stuffers this weekend. I have too many points in our account and it's making me nervous that they are still in there. I need to cash them out into the holiday fund. I don't need someone to steal those points like @dancin Disney style had done to her account. I work hard for those points...I'm not going to have them stolen.

I just cleared my account out a couple weeks ago. It’s so weird to see my current total (~700 points!)! But it feels awesome to get a huge pile of stuff for nothing

I got it. Can't wait to spend my $50 to get .002 cents return. :rotfl2: Guess they really do need to make up for the points lost through their error earlier in the week.

lol, this was my thought as well. I see it has been revoked and so far not replaced. I guess it goes to show how quickly online promos can be adjusted to compensate for errors.

I was trying to get the link...but it sounds like they are now giving some of those points given away in " an error "' back to some people. As they rightly should - even though they have the disclaimer that they reserve the right to claw back points given in error.

I'm pretty sure that Loblaws can afford to pay out the points given in error. And if they want to keep a positive profile, they will do what is right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter