PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I really want to be able to take advantage of these bonus point events. I have enough points but I feel like I end up spending more than I save in a way as I buy things I wouldn't normally buy or pay more than I'd normally pay for certain items. Back when it was just Optimum points, I would just buy stuff more 'for fun' and look at it as free money. But when I could be using these points for our regular groceries at Superstore or No Frills, it feels wasteful almost if you know what I mean. I don't spend $75 at Shoppers on a regular basis. But I hate missing out on the bonus!

I hear you. I will shop there when I have a few things to buy that are more on the pricier side like makeup/ skincare, eye drops or some OTC pain things then I will add a few grocery items I need to bring me to the threshold. I don't usually do the 75.00. I usually take advantage of the 50.00 if I have a bigger priced item I need. Last week I did have to toss in a bag of Eggies to get over the 50.00 threshold. I put them into a bowl on the counter so we all could enjoy them. My boys were happy with that add on. I have to weigh what I have on my lists for the week. I don't go to buy just for the points. It still has to be something our family/household needs.

I don't know how people get the spend threshold offers. I think I've gotten one once and it was way more than what I normally spend there. They will pick the most random thing I buy once and give me an offer for it, but do you think they could give me a spend one?? NOPE!

I don't know how people get the spend threshold offers. I think I've gotten one once and it was way more than what I normally spend there. They will pick the most random thing I buy once and give me an offer for it, but do you think they could give me a spend one?? NOPE!

Make sure when you shop every time you scan your card/app from your phone. That way they have a history of your shopping so that they can send you offers on what you shop for. Also, if your using the app on your phone, you can swipe those offers so that you don't receive it anymore. I have done that for things that I don't buy at the drug / grocery store ( for me...it's shampoo...I'm a hairdresser by trade, so I buy certain brands )
Once they have a history, they will send you better offers. It will take some time, but they will start to send you offers that you can use. Those spend/threshold ones...don't happen often ;) but if you get one...jump on it. I know some weeks for me...I don't have great offers, or they send it to me after I've purchased that item, so I will save ( swipe on that offer ) for a different week when I can use it.

Make sure when you shop every time you scan your card/app from your phone. That way they have a history of your shopping so that they can send you offers on what you shop for. Also, if your using the app on your phone, you can swipe those offers so that you don't receive it anymore. I have done that for things that I don't buy at the drug / grocery store ( for me...it's shampoo...I'm a hairdresser by trade, so I buy certain brands )
Once they have a history, they will send you better offers. It will take some time, but they will start to send you offers that you can use. Those spend/threshold ones...don't happen often ;) but if you get one...jump on it. I know some weeks for me...I don't have great offers, or they send it to me after I've purchased that item, so I will save ( swipe on that offer ) for a different week when I can use it.

I've definitely been clearing out the ones that I don't want to see. We've had a ton of success with PC Optimum so far so I can't really complain. We were just in DL in February and since we've been back I've collected $200 in Disney Gift Cards. Looks like there's some good points offers for this weekend as well!

I'm not feeling like taking part in the big redemption event. Last time I cashed in 200,000 points to get a free 1.5 TB drive, but this time, meh. Rather save it for groceries.

me too...No redemption this weekend either. Letting it build up again...either cash out and do the money swap for excursions for Mexico or let it build up more as the hubby has been hinting about taking in a Nascar race in the late fall somewhere.

There were a few weeks back to back that I got the threshold offers at RCSS, and I think it was because I was consistently shopping there to earn points for those Disney GCs. After I redeemed my points early on for our March break trip, I didn't shop there as much, and lately my offers haven't been good at all.

Spent $130 before tax at Superstore and earned 19,200, plus use offer for hot meals to go Friday night and earned 3200, so almost 23,000 this weekend. Cash out 50,000 and went to Walmart to get another $50 WDW card. That puts me at $400 in WDW cards since January and only using PC Optimum points.

I add a Disney GC to my grocery shop, and redeem my points at RCSS to get the gift card "free".
I'm thinking if my RCSS stopped selling the gift cards, I would just use the points for my groceries, then put the cash equivalent into a vacation fund.
Wouldn't that be the same. Or is there some benefit to getting the actual gift card? Just curious...

I add a Disney GC to my grocery shop, and redeem my points at RCSS to get the gift card "free".
I'm thinking if my RCSS stopped selling the gift cards, I would just use the points for my groceries, then put the cash equivalent into a vacation fund.
Wouldn't that be the same. Or is there some benefit to getting the actual gift card? Just curious...
It's basically the same. But when you use the gift cards at Disney you don't get charged the bank/credit card fees for exchanging money. Your card is worth whatever the forex rate is the night before.

Last edited:

Plus, by getting the gift cards, I won't be tempted to spend the cash!

That's what I am planning to do with my " free groceries" It will help offset vacation costs. So it goes into my vacation savings account when I do cash them in. I like to see the total rise instead of fall. It took a hit when I paid off the remainder of our trip coming up. Now to build it up again for excursions and other fun stuff....or maybe towards a different trip for our next big vacation :rolleyes1

I used the text offer I received from Shoppers today. It was spend $15 on food or snacks get 4000 points. That one was very easy, a couple boxes of the PC nuggets on sale for $5.99 and a box of toddler PC beet bars at $3.49. Didn't need enough to do a larger shop on the weekend so this came in handy. I scanned the coupon but the points didn't show up. They did a make it right and posted the points for me then and there. So, $15.92 spend, 4625 points.

I used the text offer I received from Shoppers today. It was spend $15 on food or snacks get 4000 points. That one was very easy, a couple boxes of the PC nuggets on sale for $5.99 and a box of toddler PC beet bars at $3.49. Didn't need enough to do a larger shop on the weekend so this came in handy. I scanned the coupon but the points didn't show up. They did a make it right and posted the points for me then and there. So, $15.92 spend, 4625 points.

I also did this offer during my lunch hour and the points appeared on my receipt. I like offers with low thresholds like 15$!

How often do you guys get Shoppers texts? I haven’t opted in, because I have a ridiculously low texting limit plan, but if it’s only once a week or so, it might make sense for me to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!