PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Had a good points weekend as well. Went to shoppers on Saturday to get a few items I was needing...spent 58.63 and received just over 23,000 points. I did my grocery shopping on Sunday and received 17,000 points with the 10,000 bonus and then with my weekly offers. I still have a 20x the points on milk yet. I'm not sure I'll be able to use that one. It is a busy week for me this week.

After hearing the rumour about Rexall potentially parting ways with Air Miles, if only PC Optimum would let you earn per dollar at the grocery store like we can at Shoppers!
I like this too as long as Superstore does not raise it's prices to Shopper's prices. Very rarely can I justify shopping at Shoppers even for the incentive points when I compare the price of many of their items to Superstore, No Frills or price matching elsewhere.

I like this too as long as Superstore does not raise it's prices to Shopper's prices. Very rarely can I justify shopping at Shoppers even for the incentive points when I compare the price of many of their items to Superstore, No Frills or price matching elsewhere.
Oh I agree with you on Shoppers' pricing. That is why I only shop there on the sale days (Sats/Suns).

They wouldn't even have to make it the same points/dollar amount, just SOMETHING!

If they offered some level of points per dollar spent at superstore or no frills, I would switch my grocery shopping habits at this point.

I agree that it wouldn't need to be as high as shoppers offers, but even averaging a 10% points return would feel worth it

It's another Redemption Event this weekend, dang it. Hopefully I get a 20x offer on the app. They are having these events more and more often now that people are earning more points with the merger of programs.

It's another Redemption Event this weekend, dang it. Hopefully I get a 20x offer on the app. They are having these events more and more often now that people are earning more points with the merger of programs.

It feels like there are redemption events about once a month. I kind of like it, because it means I don't feel pressured to shop if I don't need anything or if I'm close to a higher threshold. There's always another redemption event around the corner!

Alright popping over as everyone keeps saying come over and now without rexall my AM will suffer.
Are there any stickies explains how to get the most bang for your buck especially starting out .
Thanks

Tinkerone
so
10,000 is worth $10.00
15,000 is worth $15.00
25,000 is worth $25.00

so when I have collected 50,000 points I can use them at anytime to pay my bill at Shoppers?(Like $50.00 towards my purchase?
Can I also use the points to pay for groceries?

Hang on I am going to transfer this over to the PC Optimum thread
Hugs
Mel

I tried reading up on the program here
https://www.ratehub.ca/blog/how-the-pc-optimum-program-works/
https://www.ratehub.ca/blog/how-the-shoppers-optimum-program-works/

Tinkerone
so
10,000 is worth $10.00
15,000 is worth $15.00
25,000 is worth $25.00

so when I have collected 50,000 points I can use them at anytime to pay my bill at Shoppers?(Like $50.00 towards my purchase?

Hugs
Mel

You can use the points to redeem for anything as long as they are sold at the store. You can redeem the points online too.

Tinkerone
so
10,000 is worth $10.00
15,000 is worth $15.00
25,000 is worth $25.00

Hugs
Mel

Yes, you have the numbers correct. You can redeem the points for groceries. A lot of us like to collect the points and redeem when they have bonus offers at shoppers. Those can be really good deals. Redeem 100,000 points ($100) but get 140,000 ($140) worth of product. Redeem 200,000 points get 300,000 ($300) worth of products. There’s no tell when this will happen but lately it’s been every six weeks or so. That offer only happens at shoppers though. They sell lots of groceries, take a walk through a shoppers and check it out. Also I think it’s been mentioned that they have 20 times points events. They happen almost every week or so, on weekends, sometimes only for Saturday, sometimes Friday Saturday and Sunday.

Yes, you have the numbers correct. You can redeem the points for groceries. A lot of us like to collect the points and redeem when they have bonus offers at shoppers. Those can be really good deals. Redeem 100,000 points ($100) but get 140,000 ($140) worth of product. Redeem 200,000 points get 300,000 ($300) worth of products. There’s no tell when this will happen but lately it’s been every six weeks or so. That offer only happens at shoppers though. They sell lots of groceries, take a walk through a shoppers and check it out. Also I think it’s been mentioned that they have 20 times points events. They happen almost every week or so, on weekends, sometimes only for Saturday, sometimes Friday Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for taking the time to explain,,I'll make a trip to Shoppers and check it out,thanks.
Hugs
Mel

All correct. easy way to calculate, 1000 points is $1. Shoppers always has the best %back deals. So when they have the 20x events that is equal to 30% back.
Now you can sign up and get texted deals as well, they come out every tues and are just for tues. Never rush out something will come next week, always does.
Also keep an eye on the deals, some are 20x for everything but min purchase of $30 or more. It does change, so even when its at $100 wait and lower one will come soon.

Also biggest bang for return is when they have their redemption and 20x weekend.
Here are 2 examples that we have done. Wii switch $299. plus one game $69 total $368 +tax. redeemed 200,000 points for 300,000(equals $200 worth, they credit you $300worth) then was given 20x the points on the remaining $68, tax is not included.

Better one was the Dyson hair dryer. $499 - So same 200,000 for 300,000 then 20x on the remaining $199, that came out to another 62,985 points. So another $62 in my account.

Last example was just this past weekend, spend $30+ and get 20x points. So we spent $77.82 and made 25,700 points. Plus extra special was using the pcmc and additional 5000 points. That comes up sometimes.

Points add up so much quicker for us this way.

Good luck and ask away.
ps, I still do the big things for AM, but only when it works for us.

Tinkerone
so
10,000 is worth $10.00
15,000 is worth $15.00
25,000 is worth $25.00

Hugs
Mel

Mel, once I got the hang of it, I found the PC program very, very easy to use.
If I can do it, you most certainly can!

As for the prices at Shopper's vs Superstore/No frills etc etc etc. I do watch the prices at Shopper's. Some of them a quite a bit higher there. But when they do on sale, and are purchased on the 20X the points days...you get your best bang for you buck. They may still be cheaper at Superstore or No frills by 0.50 to a 1.00 BUT are you going to put the money you saved on buying those items for cheaper away ( which would be depending on how many items you purchase 5 - 8.00 ) OR are you going to take 22.00 + or 22.00 or more in points to be redeemed into cash? I know I don't pocket my savings from Superstore...I would rather take my points. But then again...I'm VERY fortunate to be able to stick to my budget that I set out for groceries and NOT have to use the points for a lower total of groceries because payday is 3 days away, and my kids need milk and anything else.

I hope that makes sense :magnify: :confused: :blush:

It has taken me 2 years to get my dh get on board to collecting PC points. He is now thinking and asking what we can buy at Shoppers first before we hit our regular grocery stores we go to. Last year...I collected 600,000 + in points...which equals 600.00. I know others have collected even more than that. So it pays off to shop there for sure :flower:

Just a bit of earning potential insight.

I started actively collecting in January 2019. As of today, I have collected $1700 ($1300 US) worth of points towards disney gift cards!

I do take advantage of points promos for Joe Fresh clothing line which is sold in store at some superstores and online at joefresh.ca
But the bulk is definitely from Shoppers 20x promos on the weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter