PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
There is already an Air Miles thread that is doing a phenomenal job of helping people collect for their Disney trips, flights, just about everything. Wondering if a separate thread for collecting PC Optimum points might help people as well.
If you have seen any offers that could help others please post them here, lets see if this thread can help those that collect for Disney, flights and just about everything else as well.

I'll start. There is an offer in this weeks Loblaws flyer, House and Home section, for 5000 pc points for every $25 spent on Ultimate Dinning, H&M or Wayspa gift cards. That's the equivalent of $5 off of a $25 gc. Not a bad deal. This offer does not show in the Loblaws flyer on Reebee so it is easily missed. Here is a link to the flyer where it does show, again in the House and Home section, right side, mid page. Page 17.

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/flyers?merchantId=loblaws&storeCode=1083&locale=en

So, if anyone has any deals to share please post. Thanks.

1-866-727-6468

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread @tinkerone . It will be good to have a place to post...without other getting mixed up with the AM thread. I do work both programs as best as I can. Where we live, I'm limited to where I can spend my $$$ for AM. But it seems easier to get optimum points some weeks as compared to Am.

Just wanted to point out to anyone out west ( not sure if it's the same flyer in the east ) but there is a 20x the points on Saturday...as well on Sunday...I see if you spend 75.00, you will get a 20.00 shopper gift card to use on a later purchase. I took a look at the flyer, and seen a few items on sale that we use, so I might be able to squeeze out another 50.00 shop this weekend too.

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/flyer

Our Shoppers flyer is offering the 20X's for a $50 spend on Saturday as well as an additional 5000 points if you pay with your PC mastercard. That's better than the 5 AM's I would get for using my AM's mastercard. $5 verses .50 cents. No brainer.

I'll be doing the $50/20x event at Shoppers as well! Plus, I have some targeted offers for Superstore (Loblaws) on chicken, ground beef, veggies. They also sent me a spend threshold offer of $100/10,000 points, but the Shoppers offer is a better value.

In QC no GC promo but we have the 20X/50$ at Shoppers. I rarely shop for pharmacy stuff because Jean Coutu (AM) is cheaper but they have many things I need on sale in their flyer so I’ll probably try to shop there on Saturday. Next week is our Spring break so I’ll need more snacks for the kids that will be at home.

There is already an Air Miles thread that is doing a phenomenal job of helping people collect for their Disney trips, flights, just about everything. Wondering if a separate thread for collecting PC Optimum points might help people as well.
If you have seen any offers that could help others please post them here, lets see if this thread can help those that collect for Disney, flights and just about everything else as well.

I'll start. There is an offer in this weeks Loblaws flyer, House and Home section, for 5000 pc points for every $25 spent on Ultimate Dinning, H&M or Wayspa gift cards. That's the equivalent of $5 off of a $25 gc. Not a bad deal. This offer does not show in the Loblaws flyer on Reebee so it is easily missed. Here is a link to the flyer where it does show, again in the House and Home section, right side, mid page. Page 17.

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/flyers?merchantId=loblaws&storeCode=1083&locale=en

So, if anyone has any deals to share please post. Thanks.

This is great, thank you. My husband likes to order Swiss Chalet when he's working overtime so I'll grab at least one of the gift cards. I never knew the PC Optimum website showed flyers.

I'm confused about the flyers. Your link shows 18 pages for the Loblaws flyer with the gift card offer on page 17. When I punch in my postal code (for Bowmanville), the Loblaws flyer comes up only with 16 pages and so far I can't find the gift card offer. Which I guess is what you were saying above. Would you happen to know why the flyer on the PC Optimum website shows more pages than this one? https://www.pcoptimum.ca/flyers?merchantId=loblaws&storeCode=1064&locale=en (this is the one that comes up when I put my postal code in. It's still on the PC Optimum website.

I forgot about the 20x at Shoppers tomorrow. Grr... my daughter & I just purchased a $20 bottle of cover-up make-up stuff this evening. I'm going to tell her not to open it! I'll ask for a refund tomorrow and repurchase it with some other items needed. Thanks for the reminder.

This is great, thank you. My husband likes to order Swiss Chalet when he's working overtime so I'll grab at least one of the gift cards. I never knew the PC Optimum website showed flyers.

I'm confused about the flyers. Your link shows 18 pages for the Loblaws flyer with the gift card offer on page 17. When I punch in my postal code (for Bowmanville), the Loblaws flyer comes up only with 16 pages and so far I can't find the gift card offer. Which I guess is what you were saying above. Would you happen to know why the flyer on the PC Optimum website shows more pages than this one? https://www.pcoptimum.ca/flyers?merchantId=loblaws&storeCode=1064&locale=en (this is the one that comes up when I put my postal code in. It's still on the PC Optimum website.
When I try pulling the flyer up with my postal code it doesn't show either. It is in the flyer that is delivered to my home though so go figure. Not sure why one would show it and another wouldn't. Also, in the flyer online it doesn't show the House and Home pages, which is where the offer is, so maybe they just left those pages out?? Not sure.
I would suggest you check your home flyer or a instore flyer before purchase just in case your area doesn't have the offer but as I said, doesn't show online with my postal code but does show in my home flyer and on my PC offers site. Post and let me know how you make out.

When I clicked on the link that @tinkerone posted, the link actually took me directly to the App which I was signed into on my phone. I typed in the location name of the nearest Loblaws to me (1/2 hour away) and was able to find the gift card offer in that flyer. I couldn’t see it in the flyer posted on Flipp or reebee.

However, when I randomly choose stores in other GTA cities to test this out, some of those flyers don’t have the offer in them. So perhaps Loblaws provided Flipp and reebee that version of the flyer to post.

I notice too that the fine print below the gift card offer (in the full flyer) states “valid at participating Loblaws...”.

@Disney Addicted I would actually call up the Loblaws location first to confirm before heading out unless you are doing your usual grocery shop there anyways.

thanks for starting!

i’m new to collecting these points, but so far i’m finding it pretty easy. hoping to cash a good pile of rewards in, although i have to decide what the best gift card option is. :scratchin

I used to collect Optimum points before joining the Airmiles group here because I wasn’t collecting well with AM at that time but Shoppers Optimum was mush easier and I had done using points special offer to buy Christmas gifts (chocolates and toys). After joining the Airmiles group here, I have been buying my stuff from Rexall. Thanks for starting this thread, perhaps I should start collecting both.

I always have trouble with Shoppers so I'm a little wary of going there today.

Is this how it works today? 15 per dollar x $50 = 750 points + 14,250 points (from 750x19) =15,000 points earned?

Yes, I will double-check the Loblaws flyer our house gets. I'm curious if it's in there as well now.

Ok, so my paper flyer of Loblaws only has 10 pages front-to-back!

I'm going to phone PC Optimum later today to ask about this. That's crazy. 18 pages of flyer in one spot, 16 in another, 10 for my paper version. I want that gift card offer and I want to know if the online flyers with extra papers work for my location.

EDITED: I played around with this. I think it must be the location. If I go to Loblaws.ca and punch in my PC I get 16 pages, even though my paper flyer is only 10. If I punch in the PC provided on the flyer link you gave (Kingston), it shows the same 18 pages with the gift card offer. lol.

Last edited:
I always have trouble with Shoppers so I'm a little wary of going there today.

Is this how it works today? 15 per dollar x $50 = 750 points + 14,250 points (from 750x19) =15,000 points earned?
Yes, that's exactly how it works. Very good returns.
I often had trouble making the $50 mark at rexall, I did it but only by purchasing things I might have use for and not things I would have use for. With Shoppers it is a cake walk to get to the $50 mark and that's because they have so much in grocerys. a large freezer section.

ETA--Don't forget that if you go over the $50 spend you still earn the 20x's points on the overage, you don't stop getting them when you hit $50. So, if you spent $75 you would get 1125 regular points plus 21375 bonus points so 22500.

Last edited:
Just returned from my Shoppers/Loblaws runs. Spent $54.95 after tax and received 21900 ($21.90) in points. Keep in mind, 5000 points were their special offer if you used your PC mastercard. No brainer in my mind, 5 AM (.50 cents) if I used my BMO MC or 5000 ($5.00) if I used the PC MC. I only ever use the PC MC on these special offers.
Next stop was Loblaws. We are going to have granddaughters birthday at EastSide Marios at the end of the month so Ultimate Dinning cards it was. Bought $200 and received 40000 ($40) in points. Another no brainer.
This PC stuff is a great add on to my AM's collecting.

ETA--I said that included the special offer of 5000 points for using their MC. That has not shown yet so there's another $5 I can add in. Better and better.

Last edited:
I just came back from my morning run around. I'm happy to report Shoppers went smoothly with the 20X event! I've tried the spend threshold ones at Shoppers and bonus points three times now and always have a problem.

I spent $50.25 before tax and ended up with 16,200 points. So much better return than Rexall and Air Miles! The extra 1,200 points was from an APP offer of 1,200 points on every $6 of coffee. I totally forgot I would get those points. I'm so used to using them only at Loblaws.

The Cashier was very nice about letting me return the cover-up make-up we just puchased yesterday and repurchasing it today. Along with the coffee, travel-sized tissues, pads, toothpaste and chocolate chips. The only item not needed on my list was the chocolate chips but they were on sale and we were out.

Thanks!!!

(edited to fix spelling mistake)

Last edited:
Earned 16,300 on a $53 spend today at Shoppers.

Cashed out $50 worth at Superstore, earned 9,800 pts back.

Went to Walmart and bought a $50 wdw gift card with that $50 saved from using 50,000 points.
I'm really praying my local Walmart stores keep carrying the gift cards! They are typically only sold in the fall thru Christmas.

New points total is 24,000+, so hopefully next weekend I can earn another 26,000 points to hit 50,000 for the following weekend cash out.

Earned 16,300 on a $53 spend today at Shoppers.

Cashed out $50 worth at Superstore, earned 9,800 pts back.

Went to Walmart and bought a $50 wdw gift card with that $50 saved from using 50,000 points.
I'm really praying my local Walmart stores keep carrying the gift cards! They are typically only sold in the fall thru Christmas.

New points total is 24,000+, so hopefully next weekend I can earn another 26,000 points to hit 50,000 for the following weekend cash out.
Does your Shoppers not sell Disney gift cards? Mine does, you have to hunt for them but they are there. I had to ask the first time I looked but now I know the secret of where they are hid. You might want to ask just in case they do have them. Would save a trip to Walmart.
Great job on the earnings today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts