PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Hi Tinkerone
I would like to stock up on these. Last week the cashier in Shoppers very loudly yelled at me that I couldn't buy more than two 6 packs,,I was very embarrassed. The flyer didn't say anything about a limit it just said after limit price so I thought I could buy two at the sale price and just pay more for the extras which obviously I couldn't.
I don't want to make the same mistake at Loblaws,,so is there a limit on how many 6 packs I can buy?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
Mel, I'm sorry that that happened to you. Yes, you had it right. 2 at the sale price and any extra would be at the higher price. It's very clear on the shelf tags.

Hi Tinkerone
I would like to stock up on these. Last week the cashier in Shoppers very loudly yelled at me that I couldn't buy more than two 6 packs,,I was very embarrassed. The flyer didn't say anything about a limit it just said after limit price so I thought I could buy two at the sale price and just pay more for the extras which obviously I couldn't.
I don't want to make the same mistake at Loblaws,,so is there a limit on how many 6 packs I can buy?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
I don't know how to answer that without the possibility of lying. When they had the 'Members Only' tuna offer, .99 cents a can, I bought 12. There was no limit. Usually there are none however, being that this is a paper product and they have been limiting these on regular days they may have a limit. If I get there soon I'll report back.
I would so like to find a coupon though :(

Looks like boost is on sale, no limit, with a 20x point event this weekend. Lots of other things on sale I need as well. I'll be there early Saturday morning to stock up for my mom, and get a ton of bonus points!

Well that was a pleasant experience..
Arrived at Loblaws at 7 am
All carts outside were being freshly sprayed.
Fresh produce was well stocked.
I guess I'd forgotten how they have a few isles of household items,,I bought a new bedroom/office garbage can,,new cutlery,and some post it notes.
I was able to stock up on my scotties,12 boxes,,all set for the fall/winter. When you work in a school,tissues are a much needed item!
I liked the self check out with the hand held scanners.

Have a great day and stay cool!
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
My amope broke so I got a new one with 20X offer the past weekend. Trying to accumulate points for the Christmas big redemption event! Maybe I can get a new camera with points by then!!

Now that DH is 100% onboard with PC Optimum, we are transferring our point value to a vacation account when we use the points for grocery. Since January, we saved close to 2000$!!!! Since we are NOT planning a vacation anytime soon, we should have a nice chunk of money in the account when we feel it's safe to travel again.

Now that DH is 100% onboard with PC Optimum, we are transferring our point value to a vacation account when we use the points for grocery. Since January, we saved close to 2000$!!!! Since we are NOT planning a vacation anytime soon, we should have a nice chunk of money in the account when we feel it's safe to travel again.
Have to say I LOVE this post!
As someone who worked at the executive level in the Credit Card industry, I can tell you that travel rewards cards are one of the worst ways to collect rewards. Most rewards aren't used, and when they are used they are often so restricted that they can cost you more than not using them. But I managed a department full of agents who would could convince you that it was a great idea. Or that CC insurance was a great idea; it's not. Taking rewards as dollars that you will actually use is a much better tactic. If you want to apply them to travel, that's great. If something (say COVID) comes along and you decide you never want to take a flight again, you can use the dollars to buy a swimming pool, trailer, or cottage. The choice is yours!
I am amazed at your saving rate however! We put most household expenses on our card (paid down in full every month), and it takes us a bit more than a year to get to that level of savings (and we are pretty good at stacking savings!) Hats off to you for really playing the program to the MAX!

Have to say I LOVE this post!
As someone who worked at the executive level in the Credit Card industry, I can tell you that travel rewards cards are one of the worst ways to collect rewards. Most rewards aren't used, and when they are used they are often so restricted that they can cost you more than not using them. But I managed a department full of agents who would could convince you that it was a great idea. Or that CC insurance was a great idea; it's not. Taking rewards as dollars that you will actually use is a much better tactic. If you want to apply them to travel, that's great. If something (say COVID) comes along and you decide you never want to take a flight again, you can use the dollars to buy a swimming pool, trailer, or cottage. The choice is yours!
I am amazed at your saving rate however! We put most household expenses on our card (paid down in full every month), and it takes us a bit more than a year to get to that level of savings (and we are pretty good at stacking savings!) Hats off to you for really playing the program to the MAX!

I never shop at Pharmaprix (Shoppers) without a 20X and I often get a 30-50% return. Twice I got 55% back with a triple dip (personal offer for LaRoche-Posay, LaRoche-Posay flyer offer and 20X). I stocked up on night cream and sunscreen (brand we always use so we might as well get something in return). We also buy DH protein powder ($$$) when it’s on sale durind a 20X. Saving best $ offers until I can combine is a big winner. We also got many good offers at Provigo (10-15% returns). Either get 35K/350$ or 6K/Every 60$ produce (DH is vegan so we spend a fortune on produce). Since I spend on average 300-350$ on grocery every week, it adds up quickly. We also have the PC mastercard (level that earns the most).

We’ve also been surprised on how fast money adds up. Much faster that with Airmiles.

20X the points loaded onto your card promo this weekend!!! I also have a number of good other offers for items. It will be a big shopping weekend, as we haven't bought groceries for over 2 weeks again. So it's a points collecting weekend :cheer2:

Please remind me how the points program works at Shoppers. Does every item = points or only certain items? How do I know how many points each item is worth?

I find many items to be more expensive at Shoppers (e.g. my hair dye is 10.98 at Superstore and 14.98 at Shoppers) so even with 20x the points it would be hard for me to believe that it was worth it to purchase at Shoppers.

Please remind me how the points program works at Shoppers. Does every item = points or only certain items? How do I know how many points each item is worth?

I find many items to be more expensive at Shoppers (e.g. my hair dye is 10.98 at Superstore and 14.98 at Shoppers) so even with 20x the points it would be hard for me to believe that it was worth it to purchase at Shoppers.

Earn 15 points on almost every dollar you spend at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix. There are a few exceptions (lottery tickets, stamps, gift cards). But pretty much everything you buy gets you points. Plus you would get bonuses based on your loaded offers and/or the offers in store. I tend to go on weekends when they have good sales. Their prices for eggs, milk, bread, chips, bacon, butter, are all better than the grocery store (especially when on sale) and I get points for them. I don't shop at Loblaws or Independent, there is no No Frills here. When my son was young and I used 2 bags of milk in a week, Shoppers was the cheapest place to get it (even better than Costco most of the time).

I went to Shoppers yesterday and spent $50.19 pre tax and earned 15000 points. A bit of a low one as there were no bonus points for any of my items but it was all stuff that we were out of or about to run out of.....so a good stock up shop. I hit one snag though....I bought some Goat cheese that they had on sale and it scanned in at the wrong price so the price was corrected but they gave me one for free which then left me $2.30 short of $50. Of course they don't have gum or chocolate bars right at the cash so I'm frantically scanning the immediate area for an item....ended up with a bottle of hand sanitizer that I don't need.

I went to Shoppers yesterday and spent $50.19 pre tax and earned 15000 points. A bit of a low one as there were no bonus points for any of my items but it was all stuff that we were out of or about to run out of.....so a good stock up shop. I hit one snag though....I bought some Goat cheese that they had on sale and it scanned in at the wrong price so the price was corrected but they gave me one for free which then left me $2.30 short of $50. Of course they don't have gum or chocolate bars right at the cash so I'm frantically scanning the immediate area for an item....ended up with a bottle of hand sanitizer that I don't need.
My shop was for $75. I could have made it but there would have been a lot of things I didn’t need. I decided to wait for a $50 spend.

My shop was for $75. I could have made it but there would have been a lot of things I didn’t need. I decided to wait for a $50 spend.
99% of the time I will pass on the $75 spend offer. Though sometimes $50 is a stretch. I have one Shoppers that is close by that has a good grocery section (they even have produce) I used to go there every Saturday and get what I could that was on my grocery list....that was back in the old days ie: February. I miss getting those points. Those shops plus what I got at RCSS would get me 25-35K per week.

I often pass on the 75$ offers and wait for the 50$ and then I spend over 100$!?!?! lol.
Me too...I'm always like " what the heck did I buy that cost so much " :confused3 :laughing: I very rarely buy something that we don't use or need. The prices sneak up on me or I miss something in my head lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter