Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton closes

NO! So sad to hear that. DS goes to UCSB so on our last trip up we finally made it in to Andersen's. It's nice - a step back in time, good soup, reasonably priced food - I would definitely recommend and go back. Glad we finally made the stop I guess.

I believe the other Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant in Santa Nella is the one that also has a Best Western motel called Best Western Andersen's Inn and the original Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant also has a motel too. What a surprise that the original Pea Soup Andersen's Andersen's restaurant is closing because that's such an iconic stop in California history and many fans will miss it. I wonder what will happen to the Santa Nella Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant and I wonder if that location will soon close it's doors as well. What caused the restaurant to close? Retirement or lack of customers?

I believe the other Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant in Santa Nella is the one that also has a Best Western motel called Best Western Andersen's Inn and the original Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant also has a motel too. What a surprise that the original Pea Soup Andersen's Andersen's restaurant is closing because that's such an iconic stop in California history and many fans will miss it. I wonder what will happen to the Santa Nella Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant and I wonder if that location will soon close it's doors as well. What caused the restaurant to close? Retirement or lack of customers?

The other location is still running. I thought the ownership situation was murky, but it’s the same owner. They were trying to sell the Buellton location in 2021, and there was speculation that it would be redeveloped.

Did you ever eat at the Pea Soup Andersen's location in Santa Nella? I did read on Yelp that location gets a lot of business from the Best Western Andersen's Inn guests and that they deliver to the motel and you can get a discount if you stayed there. My mom and I used to see that trademark windmill when my father would attend business meetings in Stockton and we would drive by the Pea Soup Andersen's Santa Nella location and I thought it looked really cute. My parents had always wanted to eat at the original Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant in Buellton but sadly we never got to

Did you ever eat at the Pea Soup Andersen's location in Santa Nella? I did read on Yelp that location gets a lot of business from the Best Western Andersen's Inn guests and that they deliver to the motel and you can get a discount if you stayed there. My mom and I used to see that trademark windmill when my father would attend business meetings in Stockton and we would drive by the Pea Soup Andersen's Santa Nella location and I thought it looked really cute. My parents had always wanted to eat at the original Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant in Buellton but sadly we never got to

Been there once coming back from Disneyland. We were running late and stayed overnight (maybe Kettleman City) and then stopped by the next day. Not sure what we got other than it was something with unlimited pea soup included. I also underestimated how hot it would get in the car and ended up with an exploded Mickey balloon.

I don't think I've ever been to Buellton other than passing through on US-101.

Is the Best Western Andersen's Inn in Buellton also gonna close too along with the restaurant as well? Because it's a surprise that the Santa Nella Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant is the only survivor of the Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant chain now. I remember seeing the cute commercial that was made in the 50's that told the story of how Andersen's Pea Soup came to be and there also was a line of Andersen's Soups sold in supermarkets too

Is the Best Western Andersen's Inn in Buellton also gonna close too along with the restaurant as well? Because it's a surprise that the Santa Nella Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant is the only survivor of the Pea Soup Andersen's restaurant chain now. I remember seeing the cute commercial that was made in the 50's that told the story of how Andersen's Pea Soup came to be and there also was a line of Andersen's Soups sold in supermarkets too

Separate owner, although I’m not sure about the license to use the name. It might just change names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter