Peanut allergy and Delta

nancy679

Mouseketeer
I just booked our WDW trip for May:) I asked Delta if I needed a MD note to carry onboard my DD epipen for her peanut allergy and they told me that I could cancel the reservation for no charge and try to find a connecting Delta flight because this particulat flight is not peanut free. They also told me I need to get a doctor's note for her to fly. I feel she would be safe as long as no one around her is eating peanuts ( we are a party of 9) I do appreciate Delta's concern for her safety and I certainly dont want to put her at any kind of risk. I just would like to know if any one has encountered this situation before and what they have done. Thanks

I used Delta Express in December/January both my dd's have life threatening peanut allergies, and yes I got a note for them to fly and a note for the epi-pens I would have one of these as Orlando airport looked over the note and told me to keep it with me at all times and gave me a hard time and yes Delta did Peanut free flights for me. If the flights were not peanut free I would have taken a different flight or airline.

One Mom discussed how she flew with her severly allergic son....she completely covered the seat with a sheet,and made sure no peanuts were served on THAT flight...good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter