peanut/tree nut free ice cream shops?

KYmommy

Mouseketeer
I read somewhere that there is a peanut/tree nut free ice cream shop in WDW. It didnt mention where it is. Has anyone heard of a place in WDW that has no peanut/tree nuts in their restaurant?

We stay away from ice cream shops due to allergies. What a treat for my DS if we could do this in WDW.

Thanks for the help,
Kris

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

KYmommy said:
I read somewhere that there is a peanut/tree nut free ice cream shop in WDW. It didnt mention where it is. Has anyone heard of a place in WDW that has no peanut/tree nuts in their restaurant?
We stay away from ice cream shops due to allergies. What a treat for my DS if we could do this in WDW.
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Don't know any that are peanut/nut free but I heard they will open a new container of ice cream and use special precautions to dispense the ice cream.

I don't think there is a peanut free ice cream shop at WDW anywhere but several places sell ice cream treats that would likely be safe for your child. My 3 yr old is contact allergic to peanut and also allergic to tree nuts and other things.

If you call one of these numbers (I called the one for the MK) you can request that they email you some information about what would be safe for your child from the fast food spots and food carts. As TH said, they'll open a new container of ice cream for you with a clean scoop. The email they sent me has all the info in it - like on the ice cream bars at the carts and Dole Whips, etc.

Here are the numbers:
Magic Kingdom 407-824-5967
Epcot 407-560-7292
MGM 407-560-1347
Animal Kingdom 407-939-7536

Also do a search on peanut allergy in the restaurant board - there is a very long and informative thread there on dining at WDW with peanut allergies - and other food allergies too.

The info they send will ONLY be for food carts and stands and counter service. When you make a priority seating ressie tell the person on the phone that you child has "x" allergies and they will give you a number to call the chef of the restaurant 7 days prior to arrival to make arrangements for his/her meal. At counter services places you can also ask to speak to the manager who should be able to give you detailed info on what might not be safe.

Good luck!

My peanut/ tree nut allergic son ate the soft serve at a few counter service places, but I don't remember their specific names.

KYMommy --

My DD5 is allergic to peanuts and avoids tree nuts. In the past, she has happily eaten the ice cream at two places in the Magic Kingdom without any reactions:

Aloha Isle in Adventureland (by Aladdin's Magic Carpets)
Sunshine Tree Terrace (at exit of the Enchanted Tiki Room)

Before each trip to WDW I call the numbers that Selket provided in an earlier post to get an update on ingredient lists, etc. in all the parks. While preparing for our last trip (December 2003), Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace were both specifically recommended by WDW as safe options for my PA DD.

In addition, I believe she has eaten her weight in Itzakadoozies (available from most ice cream carts).

DVCDawn ::MinnieMo

Thanks DVCDawn,
I will look into those places. What are Itzakadoozies? I will try to get those ingrd. list. We are going in June. I hope it is not too late.

Kris

Itzakadoozies are bascially ice pops. (Made by Nestle, I think.) However, they are multicolored and REALLY LONG. And messy. But that's what vacation is for, right?

You should have plenty of time to contact the Food and Beverage Managers for each park. I usually allot about two weeks. You almost never get them when you call, and you are at the mercy of whenever they call back. In my experience, whoever answers the line for the MK Food and Beverage Manager and the Epcot Food and Beverage Manager (their assistants, I guess) have had all the information I needed. They've even emailed me ingredient lists complete with possible cross-contamination info. Responses from MGM and Animal Kingdom are a little tougher to get. I remember reading somewhere that the food service for Animal Kingdom is not handled directly by Disney. In that park we generally stick to the McDonalds inside the park, since we know that it is relatively safe.

All this reminds me that I have to get started making phone calls -- we're going on 5/1!

DVCDawn ::MinnieMo

Thanks again DVCDawn. I will tell DH your info. I pick him to talk to everyone. :)
I didnt know there was a McD's inside AK. I have ressies for Rainforest, but we may head to McD's. Thanks again. Have a great trip.

Kris

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter