• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pearl Harbor - National Park - Status?

Disney Dreams

Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
So... Does anyone know FOR CERTAIN if Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial, the Visitor Center, the USS Missouri, etc... is now closed due to the government shutdown?

The website is essentially offline.

- Dream

But congressional tee-off times have been secured and remain intact; luckily the best courses are not operated by the National Park Service . . .

Even the Arizona Memorial website was down with a message posted when I checked earlier today.

Actually, the Battleship Missouri is privately run, and it remains open per their website (www.ussmissouri.org). It says there is limited parking, and the shuttle is running as normal. I don't know for certain about the USS Bowfin, but I'm pretty sure the Nat'l Park Service only operates the USS Arizona Memorial and the Visitor Center.

We'll be there later this month and have tickets for the USS Arizona, so I am hopefully the Nat'l Parks will open by then.

All parks operated by the National Park Service are closed.

Right. However, what I am asking is which of the above are part of a national park an therefore affected.

Even the Arizona Memorial website was down with a message posted when I checked earlier today.

Yes, I saw that right before posting this thread.

Actually, the Battleship Missouri is privately run, and it remains open per their website (www.ussmissouri.org). It says there is limited parking, and the shuttle is running as normal. I don't know for certain about the USS Bowfin, but I'm pretty sure the Nat'l Park Service only operates the USS Arizona Memorial and the Visitor Center.

We'll be there later this month and have tickets for the USS Arizona, so I am hopefully the Nat'l Parks will open by then.

Thank you. This is the information I was looking to obtain. I appreciate it.

- Dreams

The Valor in the Pacific Museum, which is located at Pearl Harbor, is also operated by the National Park Service. I doubt that it would be open to guests until the Department of Interior receives funding.

The Valor in the Pacific Museum, which is located at Pearl Harbor, is also operated by the National Park Service. I doubt that it would be open to guests until the Department of Interior receives funding.

Is that the same thing as the USS Arizona visitor center? If so, then yes, it is closed. The Pacific Aviation Museum remains open.

We have tickets to Pearl Harbor at Christmas time. We purchased them from the government web site, will it open or get our money back? This is our first trip to Hawaii and looking forward to this tour.

We have tickets to Pearl Harbor at Christmas time. We purchased them from the government web site, will it open or get our money back? This is our first trip to Hawaii and looking forward to this tour.

Heaven help the USA if the shutdown lasts until Christmas...
It would seem reasonable that ticket costs would be refunded but probably not online reservation fees. But who knows?

Since the only cost is the convenience fee charged then probably no. But I wouldn't be worrying about them still being shut down at Christmas - or rather you'll probably have greater worries if they are!

Since the only cost is the convenience fee charged then probably no. But I wouldn't be worrying about them still being shut down at Christmas - or rather you'll probably have greater worries if they are!

We were scheduled to go in less than two weeks and our tickets were $113 for two people for the package we reserved. A little more than a convenience fee charge for ours but hopefully everything will be resolved by then.

It just dawned on me this morning that we, too, may be affected by the NPS shutdown for our upcoming trip to California and Disneyland. This coming Saturday, we are taking a 7-night California Coastal cruise on the Sapphire Princess. Then post cruise, we are going to VGC for four nights. One of our ports of call is San Francisco and we are planning to visit Muir Woods National Monument on Monday, October 7.

Right now, Muir Woods NM is closed. I just hope DOI and NPS gets funding between now and Monday. I've never seen the Redwoods and I'm afraid that won't change anytime soon.

This also affects people on Caribbean Cruises. There are several parks in the US Virgin Islands that are operated by the US National Park Service.

Back in 1995 we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii and had a day tour scheduled taking us from Maui to visit Pearl Harbor. We had to switch it up because of the furloughs. It was a little disappointing, but we made the most of it.

Well, we finally got back there this year with our Aulani trip. It was interesting. My husband is more of a history buff and could have spent the whole day there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter