Pearl Harbor Question

Muddy Rivers

DIS Veteran
From what I read, no bags of any kind are allowed on Pearl Harbor tours. It also doesn't seem like a good idea to leave any items in your car for safety reasons.

My question is what does everyone do with purses, backpacks etc? Are there any lockers available ?

It is for security reasons. It is scary enough looking at the sunken Arizona and afraid of falling in the water. War is terrible . Makes you wonder who would want to bomb or kill people seeing a massacre ? A disgruntled ninja, or Nazi or an Isis terrorist thinking they are avenge Japan ?

Take only what you can carry in your pockets otherwise you can use the security storage section.

It is for security reasons. It is scary enough looking at the sunken Arizona and afraid of falling in the water. War is terrible . Makes you wonder who would want to bomb or kill people seeing a massacre ? A disgruntled ninja, or Nazi or an Isis terrorist thinking they are avenge Japan ?

People that do henious acts involving mass destruction don’t care about wether it’s a memorial or not. The world today sadly.

We packed very minimally the day we went there and the swap meet. I hand-carried my camera, zipped my tiny money/ID holder thing in my shorts pocket, and hid my camera bag under the seat of the van before we left Aulani that morning.

We packed very minimally the day we went there and the swap meet. I hand-carried my camera, zipped my tiny money/ID holder thing in my shorts pocket, and hid my camera bag under the seat of the van before we left Aulani that morning.

Yep - I had my phone, drivers licence, sunglasses and an apple each for my son and me (we were lining up for the morning release so were there at 7am). My son is only 11 so he only had to take himself.

I read on another board, Stadium approved clear plastic bags are allowed. Anyone have any experience with using that type of clear plastic bag?

It’s the clear plastic bag with a top zipper and a small black canvas handle. It’s the one approved by all the NFL football stadiums when the event doesn’t allow purses inside.

For those that have done Pearl Harbor, do you recommend getting the tickets through Aulani and going on the shuttle service, or doing a tour though another company that will pick you up and return, OR purchasing a passport pass from the historical website, renting a car for the day and going at your own time and pace? I've been doing some research on it and I am just looking for the best option, We want to see all the memorials, we don't want to miss out on anything.

For those that can go early on a Sunday, you do not have to deal with any traffic! We got there around 10 AM with no reservations, and it worked out very well. We went to the Punchbowl Cemetery as well, which is very historical and meaningful. No buildings were opened there, but the memorial areas at the top of the hill were with seeing.

22BE6ABE-69CE-44E9-93BE-DBEAC03B9269.jpeg DCDD976C-647C-417D-A9C3-BE7FFAF2321C.jpeg

When we went in June 2017, the policy was NO bags period. I would check the NPS website to see if they’ve changed to allow clear bags. I’d be surprised, as I believe in addition to security concerns, they want to seriously restrict the amount of items taken onto—and therefore potentially dropped from—the ferry boats or the actual memorial, since obviously those are graves underneath there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter