Pearl Harbor questions...

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
I just looked at their website tickets are only for later afternoon we were hoping for a.m. tickets so can we do...

1. Do an early Morning arrival hoping for tickets?

2. What’s the charge for them?

I just looked at their website tickets are only for later afternoon we were hoping for a.m. tickets so can we do...

1. Do an early Morning arrival hoping for tickets?

2. What’s the charge for them?

Aloha! I believe the buy ahead tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial were about $1.50. Not sure if the "day of" prices vary from this. I DO know that if you want morning, you need to be lined up EARLY as lots of other folks will be. There will be a limited number of tickets available on the day of and they go FAST, especially for morning times.

I would go to the national parks website to check out info for same day ticketing:

https://www.recreation.gov/showPage...arbor/home.jsp&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369

tickets are actually free in person. You're only paying for a service charge online. :)
Don't know when you're going though, but the arizona is currently closed.

Arizona is closed as in you cannot step foot on it however they are still showing the documentary before taking out people on the water and driving around it. Some have reported having a running commentary from the staff however this seems to depend on who is manning the boat.

The fee is only for online bookings. They release one lot of tickets 60 days out then another lot 24hrs out. These tickets are for sessions after 11am. You can line up in person on the day - they open the ticket booths from 7am.

In April my son and I arrived at 7.04am and were approx 200th in line. Upon reaching the booth we rec’d tickets for the 7.45am session.

We then purchased tickets to the Bowfin, Mighty Mo and Pacific Aviation Museum which was around $105 for the 2 of us. We went to all the sites only speedily visiting the Bowfin and it still took us close to 8hrs (please note we love history and will read as many notes as possible so you may be quicker).

It is correct that the USS Arizona Memorial is closed to people actually getting onto the memorial. They've had some sort of issue with where the steps to offload and load the boats meet the memorial itself, and it apparently is quite a conundrum to the engineers as to HOW to properly fix it.

As PP have said, you will still see the film as you would if the memorial was open as usual, and this film was staggering. You could have heard a pin drop in the theatre when we saw it a couple of years back. VERY moving, and had a lot of footage that I had never seen before and I am a bit of a history buff.

I think even a "drive by" is a good thing, and hopefully everyone here will have a narrator onboard. I know when the memorial was open, it was young Navy sailors that operated the boats and there was no talking. But truthfully after seeing that film, no one was chatty.

When at Pearl Harbor last week, I asked how early is "early" to be in line for tickets. I was told 6:30am to be in line. Tickets start disbursing at 7:00am and tours begins at 7:30am. There are 1300 tickets for the Arizona given out each day. They are free, but you can reserve them on line for a small fee.

Question for those of you who have gotten tickets on line. I signed up at the recreation.gov website and just wanted to check everything out as I am a couple of weeks away from ordering tickets. I heard that they go very quickly and you should have all of your information entered prior to 1pm EST so that all you have to do is press order. My question is, it looks like there are only later times (after 11am that can be ordered in advance). I really wanted to see if I could order a 7:30 am time, but it says "walk up " only tickets 25. Is this correct?

You can’t order tickets for prior to 11am online. As the site says, they are only for the actual day. In April I got there at 7.04am and we got tickets for 7.45am ( there was approx 150-200 people in line before us).

So is that what you recommend rather than reserving an 11:00 am ticket? We are headed there over Christmas and would like to go the Saturday, or Sunday before Christmas. Not sure if that is a busy time at Pearl Harbor, or not. I know it is a busy time for Aulani.

i would suggest getting tickets online,, just in case. if you really relish standing in line for a couple hours, go for it, but everyone in your party has to be there ( unless they changed that) & if for some reason the tickets are gone for the day by the time you get yours, or possibly the return time is later than the ones you got online, you are ahead. ( there could be tons of people with the same idea)
make sense? you could already get up real early spend 2 hours of waiting & still get a later time than if you got tickets online.
the 1st time we went i did not know about online ( or maybe they didn't have it then), it was cold,, rainy miserable 2 hours. next time we did the online.
oh, did not see if they have the monument accessible or not yet, but if the winds are over a certain speed ( i think 16 mph) they don't go out)
but i also have a question. the tickets are only for the movie & ride to the memorial, correct? you don't need a ticket to look through the gift shop & exhibits. ( when in march we walked through the buildings before we picked up our vouchers... unless that has changed)

Yes, the tickets are for the movie and the boat ride.

I think they do not do on line tickets for before 11. So going on a Sunday morning, we got there about 9 and it was wonderful.

i would suggest getting tickets online,, just in case. if you really relish standing in line for a couple hours, go for it, but everyone in your party has to be there ( unless they changed that) & if for some reason the tickets are gone for the day by the time you get yours, or possibly the return time is later than the ones you got online, you are ahead. ( there could be tons of people with the same idea)
make sense? you could already get up real early spend 2 hours of waiting & still get a later time than if you got tickets online.
the 1st time we went i did not know about online ( or maybe they didn't have it then), it was cold,, rainy miserable 2 hours. next time we did the online.
oh, did not see if they have the monument accessible or not yet, but if the winds are over a certain speed ( i think 16 mph) they don't go out)
but i also have a question. the tickets are only for the movie & ride to the memorial, correct? you don't need a ticket to look through the gift shop & exhibits. ( when in march we walked through the buildings before we picked up our vouchers... unless that has changed)

How does a Canadian resident purchase tickets ahead of time ?

How does a Canadian resident purchase tickets ahead of time ?

Same as everyone else - go to the .gov website and set up an account. Then 60 days prior to your date you go online and order the tickets.

Same as everyone else - go to the .gov website and set up an account. Then 60 days prior to your date you go online and order the tickets.

Get your tickets exactly 2 months before your date, not 60 days. Someone already posted that they found out the hard way and was one day late.

-Paul

When we visited in early September, our ticket was for 1pm. We showed up early at 11am, and they let us join and earlier tour group. You can always get the 1pm ticket and show up earlier to see if you can join and earlier group, worth the shot. We also ordered our tickets online and made sure to do it within the earliest booking window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!