• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pedestrian walkway on Harbour to parks?

LUVCINDERELLY

Earning My Ears
Is there a pedestrian walkway on Harbour to the parks or do you have to go to the corner of the Harbour/Katella intersection?

If there is one, what hotel is it across from?

The Pedestrian Walkway is right where IHOP is in this pic

11450dlgoodneighbormap1.jpg

I think Ralph may have been trying to link to a story about an accident that happened a couple of nights ago. A family was crossing the street @ Katella (on the corner), and a 17 year old plowed into them. The 7-yr old was killed & the 9-yr old was reported in critical condition yesterday. I was driving in that area about that time, and the setting sun was blinding. When I heard about the accident yesterday morning, they said that the sun may have affected the driver. Very tragic.

Mary Jo said:
I think Ralph may have been trying to link to a story about an accident that happened a couple of nights ago. A family was crossing the street @ Katella (on the corner), and a 17 year old plowed into them. The 7-yr old was killed & the 9-yr old was reported in critical condition yesterday. I was driving in that area about that time, and the setting sun was blinding. When I heard about the accident yesterday morning, they said that the sun may have affected the driver. Very tragic.

yes- that's the story

The crosswalk in front of IHOP is a much safer intersection than Harbor/Katella. The only traffic that turns on Harbor are the Shuttle Buses who always give pedestrians the right of way.

I was also trying to figure out the exact location of the walkway. Thanks!
Off the topic slightly, but another question I need to know: We're staying at the Ramada Maingate which is just north of Disney Way. I'm not familiar with this street. Is it fairly new and what's on it? Is there another parking structure?

Disney Way is a street that takes you from Harbor Blvd to Katella. There are some hotels on it.

When I am driving from the Anaheim Amtrak Station to Harbor Blvd, I take Disney Way. If I want to go from the Amtrak Station to Downtown Disney or the parking structure, I would go down Katella to Disneyland Drive, which is the street that takes you to the three DLR hotels and Downtown Disney/themepark parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter