Penguin exhibit, what happened to the ride?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, down in Florida now, and went to sea world the other day. At the penguin exhibit the ride wasn’t running, and the last time we were there it wasn’t running either. I’m asking more out of curiosity if they completely stopped it. I personally would love to see a larger penguin exhibit than the ride. There was such hype when that ride opened a few years back, wondering if it turned out to be a bust. I actually liked their previous exhibit better, but that’s just me! We did have a great day at sea world, I really enjoy that park!

Hi, down in Florida now, and went to sea world the other day. At the penguin exhibit the ride wasn’t running, and the last time we were there it wasn’t running either. I’m asking more out of curiosity if they completely stopped it. I personally would love to see a larger penguin exhibit than the ride. There was such hype when that ride opened a few years back, wondering if it turned out to be a bust. I actually liked their previous exhibit better, but that’s just me! We did have a great day at sea world, I really enjoy that park!

Allegedly when it was left off during the pandemic the ride vehicle batteries discharged completely and now won’t charge at all, so the ride won’t work.
As it wasn’t that popular anyway they decided to leave it for now.
It might come back with some changes.

Allegedly when it was left off during the pandemic the ride vehicle batteries discharged completely and now won’t charge at all, so the ride won’t work.
As it wasn’t that popular anyway they decided to leave it for now.
It might come back with some changes.
Every time I was there pre pandemic it had the longest line in the park.

Ok thanks, interesting. Hope for sea world’s sake they get it back and running

My recollection is that years ago you got a much better view of the penguins. I was there last week. It was dark and hard to take pictures. I was disappointed.

I think if you go in the morning it’s dark in the exhibit, as the day goes on it lightens up, but by then the crowds are there.

My recollection is that years ago you got a much better view of the penguins. I was there last week. It was dark and hard to take pictures. I was disappointed.
They adjust the lighting to match the lighting conditions of their natural habitat. It is currently winter in the southern hemisphere, so it is dark most of the day in Antarctica.

They adjust the lighting to match the lighting conditions of their natural habitat. It is currently winter in the southern hemisphere, so it is dark most of the day in Antarctica.
Now that I think about it, in the past I was at Sea World in March, not July

FYI, no flash photos permitted, this is an unedited pic on phone. Disappointing, especially in the next section where I would enjoy watching them swim to the glass. Unable to see in the current lighting.
DE0F3715-9CAE-4AAF-A2F8-1A53C557124F.jpeg

I used to work at SW - this is correct. If you go in the winter it will be lighter. They are trying to make the penguins most comfortable so sometimes you got to work around their schedule. I worked at SW in the summer and never recall having an issue seeing them even with the lights down low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter