Pennsylvania, Maryland and Washington

When I hear any state's name I immediately think of the map that used to hang in our breakfast nook that my Grandmother used to teach me states and capitals. I can instantly envision the state as it was on that map including the color. So for me it's:

PA = Yellow
MD = Pink
WA = Green

Now more fun answers might be:

PA = Cheese Steak
MD = The NAvy
WA = Nintendo

I respectfully disagree. The team is bad but I like the uniforms.

To be fair, it's the helmet I don't like

2013-maryland-pride-new-football-uniform-675x380.jpg

I think in terms of prominent (or formerly so) companies.

PA - US Steel
Maryland - Under Armour (started by a University of Maryland football player bothered by excessive sweat).
Washington - Microsoft and Amazon. Amazon is larger, but I'd think more people would think of Microsoft.

Pennysylvania - the Poconos & childhood vacations

Maryland - We have family there, so my first thought is: "Oh, I wonder how S___ & C___ and the kids are doing?"

Washington - Seattle, and then shows/movies set there: Grey's Anatomy, Sleepless in Seattle...

In terms of vacationing:

Pennsylvania - Amish Country.

Maryland - eating blue crabs.

Washington - flying fish.

Pennsylvania—— we just visited it so mine is Penns Cave (thenAmish)

Maryland——Chesapeake Shores. Because I just watched the Tv show

Washington Space Needle

Washington- that the eastern half of the state is not rainy and treed like the Sound. Washington State University- Go Cougs! My home for almost 10 years!

we may not get allot of rain on this side but we DO have trees-just ask the moose who love to come and nosh on mine adjacent to my deck.

p.s.-go eags!

we may not get allot of rain on this side but we DO have trees-just ask the moose who love to come and nosh on mine adjacent to my deck.

p.s.-go eags!

Nah - we got your football coach.

But yeah - isn't that kind of a desert there?

Nah - we got your football coach.

But yeah - isn't that kind of a desert there?

It's the high desert for a portion of the state, plenty of tumble weeds and wheat fields. Although Spokane is nicely treed. Where I lived we were surrounded by wheat fields (with some lentils and soybeans mixed in).

It's the high desert for a portion of the state, plenty of tumble weeds and wheat fields. Although Spokane is nicely treed. Where I lived we were surrounded by wheat fields (with some lentils and soybeans mixed in).

I was about to call it "high desert", but then I checked out the elevation. I know the Great Basin extends to Oregon but I didn't recall how far north.

Washington has some weird weather patterns though. But weather of course isn't uniform within arbitrary borders.

And I can't say Beau Baldwin bolted just for the football. They almost tripled the money he made.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/jun/07/former-eastern-washington-coach-beau-baldwin-to-ma/

Pennsylvania - shoo fly pie

Maryland - crab cakes

Washington - Mt Rainier

Pennsylvania - Philly Cheesesteak
Maryland - Blue Crabs
Washington - Hungry Politician (Wash D.C.) or Seattle

Pennsylvania - Gas prices, depression, and home state

Maryland - Thrasher's French Fries via Ocean City boardwalk

Washington - DC because I have 0 thoughts on the state. Bicycle ride because that was my first tour on a bicycle, Pittsburgh to DC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter