People getting trashed in the parks

MikeTaylor

Freelance contributor to wdwinfo.com!
Details aren't out yet about the kid who damaged the Carousel of Progress' set, but it made me think of all the people (underage, too) getting trashed in the parks. In our May trip, we had to endure a whole boat ride of vaping teens on Pirates. In our November trip, it was F&W, so we were expecting drunken, belligerent individuals, but it didn't seem as bad as other years. Maybe we were just lucky on the days we went.

Hollywood Studios was probably the worse. People were stumbling around us, in all areas, even TSL. Another thing that made this experience not-so-magical was that the FP+ tier changed on us, so we did one Tier A selection (we got Slinky Dog!) and everything else was pretty much useless (because Star Tours makes the DW motion sick), so we did standby for all other attractions (Smuggler's Run was 75 min standby, but the line got way longer after we got there). DHS is a half-day park, again.

Details aren't out yet about the kid who damaged the Carousel of Progress' set, but it made me think of all the people (underage, too) getting trashed in the parks. In our May trip, we had to endure a whole boat ride of vaping teens on Pirates. In our November trip, it was F&W, so we were expecting drunken, belligerent individuals, but it didn't seem as bad as other years. Maybe we were just lucky on the days we went.

Hollywood Studios was probably the worse. People were stumbling around us, in all areas, even TSL. Another thing that made this experience not-so-magical was that the FP+ tier changed on us, so we did one Tier A selection (we got Slinky Dog!) and everything else was pretty much useless (because Star Tours makes the DW motion sick), so we did standby for all other attractions (Smuggler's Run was 75 min standby, but the line got way longer after we got there). DHS is a half-day park, again.
I don’t want to speculate too much but this appeared to be more than just drinking...

While we were there in August I saw plenty of people in the parking lot BEFORE getting to the parks that were "trashed" blaming Disney for peoples actions is trashed, we spent 3 days in HS (SWGE opening day was a full day) and did not see stumbling people, FWIW......YMMV.....

That's a big nope from me. Not only have I not seen any drunk behavior in the parks all week, but the addition of TSL, Galaxy's Edge and its two rides have made DHS a totally full day park for us.

We went to Disney Springs last night, which we love, but it was dangerously crowded and full of drunks.

While we were there in August I saw plenty of people in the parking lot BEFORE getting to the parks that were "trashed" blaming Disney for peoples actions is trashed, we spent 3 days in HS (SWGE opening day was a full day) and did not see stumbling people, FWIW......YMMV.....

This what I brought up in the thread I had created. Removing drinking or limiting it is not going to stop anyone looking to get "trashed" or drink to excess. The people causing issues will simply do it prior to entering the parks. Depending on how quickly someone drinks they could in theory enter the parks "sober" having already drank enough to get them trashed. College kids will know this as "pregaming".

It’s the internet. I can speculate if I want to. :)

Just don't say anything about Vern Unsworth and you can speculate all you want.

There is only one time in all my years of going to DW that I thought a group was too drunk and behaving poorly, and that was in the evening at F&W. I have seen many that I could tell were definitely buzzed, but still acting appropriately enough that they were maintaining a family atmosphere. My opinion here, but I don't believe that most people planning to drink at DW go in with the intention of getting trashed. There are a select few, but getting trashed is not that fun after a certain age.

And with all the new additions, HS is definitely a full day park now. I was just commenting to my family that all the parks are finallly a minimum full day, and it's about time!

"Getting trashed"? Is this the new Ice Bucket challenge?

I've never seen it, myself. But, Disney does have trash bins all over the park so it's easy for someone to get trashed if they want to.

giphy.gif

When we were in Epcot this July we didn't really see any drunkenness, which I was happy with since I keep seeing people stating how much of a problem it's been recently.

Have we heard how much, if any, damage was done to the Carousel yet?

Same. parking lot. before entering i noticed

I’ve never seen anyone “trashed” in any Disney park. Tipsy maybe, talking a bit too loud, slightly obnoxious perhaps. But never anything that has a negative impact on my experience

I’m sure it happens. It almost has to with so many people. A few will behave badly. But I don’t understand how this can be such a frequent topic.

Maybe it’s because I only visit in the summer. Never during Epcot festivals or major holidays.

Maybe it’s because I only visit in the summer. Never during Epcot festivals or major holidays.
Yes, big difference. The main problem times seem to be Saturday nights during Food and Wine.

During the brief times when there is no festival going on, it isn't really a problem. And I don't think Flower and Garden or the Arts Festival get the same issue, or at least not to the same extent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter