People Mover coming back

Indiana Scott

Bothell Washington
Is this just another rumor or does this Youtuber know something? According to her, it is indeed coming back but I haven't heard anything from any other source.
So how about it - what have you heard?

LINK

That's exciting! I am hoping they will announce an entire Tomorrowland refresh! Fingers crossed!!

I thought it would be too expensive to redo everything and it couldn't be grandfathered in. The original track would need a lot of fixing and safety updates, and the original piers were supposedly damaged or something when they put in Rocket Rods. But it sure would be cool if they could and would do it!

There is construction occurring on what use to be the guest stairwell to the DL People Mover. That's where the vloggers are getting this rumor from. For now its still just a big "?". But as several vloggers have stated it could just be they are sprucing up the exterior only.

O my goodness!!! It would be so amazing if it were true. I really miss the old people mover and it’s so sad to see the tracks sit there empty… What a waste. It’s a great people eater ride too which DisneyLand could definitely use!

I thought that part of the track was taken out when they put in Buzz Lightyear? Could be wrong - I am sure someone will correct me if I am.

Until Disney confirms it themselves, we shouldn't believe this. There isn't even anything obvious happening at this point that would indicate that's what is planned. The only things being worked on right now are the removal of the french fry rocks/curb slope and whatever's happening over near Space Mountain, along with the facades of both sides of the buildings on Buzz/Star Tours. Let's take this with a grain of salt for now, but that would be super cool.

I'd love the PM to come back, but it would be a very expensive journey to get there. We're talking full TL refurb. They have to tear down the old tracks no matter what because they don't pass safety requirements and inspections. You cannot run anything on those old tracks.

There's a guy on "that other forum" that's insisted year after year that he sees evidence of it returning. But I take everything with a grain of salt. It's not the most likely thing. I could, however, see some sort of transportation from the parking garage or between parks being built eventually though.

Tomorrowland would definitely benefit from some refurbs so I always hope these rumors are true when I see them.

I'm not holding my breath! Everything I've heard is that the tracks are beyond repair, so they would have to re-do the whole track.... which means significant downtime for some rather big people-eaters like Space Mountain and Star Tours--as well as Launch Bay, potentially Autopia and Nemo's Submarine Voyage, and Buzz Lightyear. They would also have to find places for a lot of lights and other things that have been installed there since Rocket Roads closed.

Kind of like the "Star Wars Land is demolishing Tomorrowland" from 2012-2013 rumors.... Perhaps a sliver of truth, but not like what people are imagining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!