People stuck on gondola - Seaworld San Diego

Not an experience I would ever want but then since I don't do heights unless in an airplane I would not have been on there. I would have been just send food and give me plenty of blankets I will be fine because you had better sedate me before lowering me from a height over the water otherwise I would be freaked out. (I refused to even go out on the 3rd floor balcony of my university dorm building (built into a hill so from the class building side you entered on the 1st floor where 1 dorm had the campus theater and the other one had the main cafeteria with a 2 story student union in between them. From the parking lot you entered on the 2nd floor with student health services on one side of the building with the theater and a hall connecting to the upper floor of the student union from the other one (where the only elevator to go down to the 1st floor of all the buildings. All balconies (floors 3-8 on the theater side and floors 3-5 on the cafeteria side) were on the side where you come in on the 1st floor. For those wondering yes I was the kid who did not climb trees either.

Glad everyone got down safely though bet that is an experience they will never forget. Well maybe the 2 year old though the parents won't.

Why couldn't they just turn the power back on?

I don't ride any of these gondola type rides...and won't be getting on Disney's either.

very glad everyone was rescued safely - things can happen with any form of transportation.

I do hope reports like this won't change people's views of the Skyliner though - statistically, gondolas are one of most, if not the most, form of transportation. As the saying goes, the most dangerous part of your Disney trip is the car ride to the airport

If you have fobias or just don't want to ride, I totally get - but don't want people to think urban gondolas are unsafe due to one incident

This will 100% happen at some point at Disney but it doesn't make me any less prone to ride the gondolas. No transportation is fool proof. I was stuck for hours on the Monorail once and I've been stuck in traffic countless times in my life.

Hopefully it won't be as long at Disney but as sure as the ocean is full of water we will see a news story, likely blown out of proportion, about guests getting stuck for some amount of time on the Disney Gondola system. Many pearls will be clutched.

Last edited:
statistically, gondolas are one of most, if not the most, form of transportation.

yep, they're definitely a form of transportation...I'm not sure if they're the most form of transportation, but definitely one of them :p

This will 100% happen at some point at Disney but it doesn't make me any less prone to ride the gondolas. No transportation is fool proof. I was stuck for ours on the Monorail once and I've been stuck in traffic countless times in my life.

Hopefully it won't be as long at Disney but as sure as the ocean is full of water we will see a news story, likely blown out of proportion, about guests getting stuck for some amount of time on the Disney Gondola system. Many pearls will be clutched.
It would be very rare in the system Disney is building. They have backups in place in order to prevent a full evacuation. It still could happen but I don’t want people to think it would be common or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter