Perennial-Oriental Poppy

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Oriental Poppy- There are may diferent kinds of poppies, some annuals, but my favorite is the perennial Oriental Poppy. Not a very exciting plant for foliage, kind of furry dandelion looking. What the foliage lacks the flowers make up for. Beautiful almost tissue papery blooms 5-6 inches. They come in pinks, reds, oranges and whites. Some are solid colored, some have a black center, there are even some with variegated blooms. Grow them in sunny locations in ordinary soil that is well-drained in the winter.

I look forward for these poppies to bloom in the spring, sadly their blooms only last about 2 weeks.

One of my favorites Mamu. I love that blast of orange in my garden. I just bought some iceland poppy seeds...they are a very light orange but I will have to be patient and wait for next years blooms.

So many plants choices... so little room left in the garden! This sounds like one I should grow. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter