Perennial-Spiderwort

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Spiderwort-Another old world favorite, Mom and Grandma probably grew. These are grassy leaf perennials with tiny 3-petal flowers. The flowers come in shades of pink, purples, blues and white. Some of the new varieties are very exciting. Purple foliage with light pink flowers. Yellow foliage with deep blue flowers. Native to prairies and woodlands spiderwort can tolorate challenging conditions. They are best grown in ordinary moist well-drained soil. They like sun or semi-shade. They grow to heighs of 20 inches.

One of my "personal picks"! I have a spiderwort plant in my garden ... that came from a division of my mother's plant... which she has continuously moved from home to home throughout her adult life... and which originated from a cutting from my father's mother's garden. Literally this plant is an antique. It has real family connnections for me. Not to mention it is a prolific and reliable bloomer in my garden. Always a show stopper.

OOps, more info on the spidorwart! Didn't see this before. Still uncertain though...can this be used as a groundcover? You say it is a grassy leaf perennial so that makes me think maybe yes?

This is a fairly good plant for naturalizing an area... but not really a "ground cover" as it does not sprawl... nor does it spread very quickly. It is really a very nice "standby" in the garden. This is a not a very good picture... but here is a spiderwort plant in my patio garden. It get's about 2' to 3' tall depending on the variety.

<center>
garden0526_3.jpg
</center>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter