Perfect solution for room intrusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobright

DIS Veteran
Just personally verified the efficacy of addalock on WDW Resort hotels. It's a door lock designed for travelled to use when you don't trust the hotel lock.

Easy, not expensive, makes no alterations to the resort door. Just slip it between door and jamb when you close the door and the door simply does not open until you open it.

Originally I was of the mind that the swaybar lock would be enough. But I have some anxiety issues and being woken up by the door slamming into the swaybar is just too much. It kinda ruins me for the rest of the day.

There are several things on the market that will do this...but not sure the "legality" of using it. Not in the actual legal sense but in the "We're Disney and it's out property sense" or even in the "does it violate firecode sense"? If they discover you using it you could be subject to being trespassed from property.

I think this is a REALLY bad idea! As much as I loathe the new policy at the same time this would cause a major freak out at the resort and your room may be occupied with a SWAT team in a matter of minutes if they can't open the door. Not worth it.

Ah yes, the dreaded Disney security SWAT team! Have you ever seen some of the Disney security personnel? Not exactly ex-Green Berets making $11 per hour.

Disney needs to strike a better balance between safety and courtesy. People are there on vacation. Some people on vacation actually like to sleep in. It is extremely rude to me to start banging on, much less barging into, doors at 8am when an occupied sign is out. If it is a matter of staffing, scheduling, and room turnover, that is their problem to address, not ours. They need to recognize that people do still use their hotel room to sleep and shower, not just to do nefarious things. Reading these accounts on the board is making me nervous for our stay. I won’t pay a premium to stay on property in the future if it comes with anxiety over being barged in on by Mousekeeping or security when we’ve done absolutely nothing wrong. :-( And how scary for a child to get woken up that way, I won’t do that to my kiddos.

Orange County Police/sheriff. Not Disney security.
NO swat team would come out and bust in a room over this .. NONE.. not unless someone puts it on and refuses to come out .. just not gonna happen . Those units cost big bucks to send out .. they would laugh Disney off the planet if they called SWAT because someone was using extra vacation door locks for their own safety .
Also would like to add regardless if it’s on Disney property if a CM came in without permission without suspicion of any illegal activity and say caught you undressed one call to OCSO and charges could be filed against the CM .

But I have some anxiety issues and being woken up by the door slamming into the swaybar is just too much.

Just thinking about it makes me twitchy.

I bet it puts huge alerts on your room if you use one and they try and enter and can’t

Lol. Them trying to enter the room while I’m in the shower puts a huge alert from me to them. Maybe we can both call 911 at the same time?

“They won’t let us in to peek around or empty trash.”

versus

“A stranger is entering my room while I’m naked and won’t take no for an answer.”

It would be worth missing rope drop for that.

Not to mention that call goes to a patrol deputy .. then IF no success a supervisor then IF there is a situation of someone refusing to come out then hostage / swat but again someone using this for privacy would simply open a door and tell deputy and the deputy would be on his way “ well check “

This is new since we went last August. We are going this August. It is my 21 year old DS and I so we usually are gone from early morning until park closing. If we go to room it's for abou half an hour or so.

I do understand for people with small children napping, disabled family members and others who nap where this is an issue. It sounds like people have some luck going to the front desk and trying to arrange time?

I understand why Disney is doing this - for security. There is probably a better way to do this but maybe as guests if people know at check-in they go to room to nap or relax at about the same time daily they should ask about check being at a different time.

It would be very upsetting being disturbed during a nap or having a child woken up by knocking on the door for anyone.

Think we all need to remember the person is doing what they are told to do. It is their job. Yes, emotions get the best of us when we are disturbed or a sleeping child is awoken. Threatening or yelling at the person isn't going to accomplish anything except making you feel better for a few minutes.

Rigging doors with different locks and forks? Will probably set off alarms for Disney staff.

It's sad we live the way we do today. School shootings, workplace shootings, bombs, massive security at airports and to enter Disney theme parks. We need to remember they are doing this for our safety and security. God fobid something happened at Disney and it wasn't found everyone would blame Disney for bad security.

Also what does the pay of a Disney security officer have to do with anything? They are people trying to make it a safer environment for everyone.

Just a few words - my thoughts

NO swat team would come out and bust in a room over this .. NONE.. not unless someone puts it on and refuses to come out .. just not gonna happen . Those units cost big bucks to send out .. they would laugh Disney off the planet if they called SWAT because someone was using extra vacation door locks for their own safety .
Also would like to add regardless if it’s on Disney property if a CM came in without permission without suspicion of any illegal activity and say caught you undressed one call to OCSO and charges could be filed against the CM .
They dont need permiasion or suspicion. Its their property and they aren't the gov't (who has to comply with the unreasonable search and seizure stuff).

If you want to risk being kicked off property over a door jam be my guest. I honestly don't care. Its not something I would risk. If I felt that strongly about it I would probably stay elsewhere.

They dont need permiasion or suspicion. Its their property and they aren't the gov't (who has to comply with the unreasonable search and seizure stuff).

If you want to risk being kicked off property over a door jam be my guest. I honestly don't care. Its not something I would risk. If I felt that strongly about it I would probably stay elsewhere.
Regardless If it is their property they can not just have a “ swat team “ come out without a credible threat , this alone does not make a credible threat and no SO is going to risk that type of call without that ... yes it’s their property BUT if you try to enter without a darn good reason and the person has made it clear they are not decent the CM themselves risk arrest .
Sorry but you can’t just do whatever you please on the sole excuse it’s my property . That’s not how the law works .

Regardless If it is their property they can not just have a “ swat team “ come out without a credible threat , this alone does not make a credible threat and no SO is going to risk that type of call without that ... yes it’s their property BUT if you try to enter without a darn good reason and the person has made it clear they are not decent the CM themselves risk arrest .
Sorry but you can’t just do whatever you please on the sole excuse it’s my property . That’s not how the law works .
And you can't do whatever you want on someone else's property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter