Perfect solution for room intrusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can't do whatever you want on someone else's property.

No but all they can legally do is ask that you leave and even then I don’t think Disney is going to go that far unless they had a very good reason , using a extra vacation door lock ( which a LE agency even encourages for travel ) is not a criminal offense so unless you refuse to come out in a “ reasonable “ time they will not get involved. It will be left to the resort and Disney security to decide on if you should be made to check out .

No but all they can legally do is ask that you leave and even then I don’t think Disney is going to go that far unless they had a very good reason , using a extra vacation door lock ( which a LE agency even encourages for travel ) is not a criminal offense so unless you refuse to come out in a “ reasonable “ time they will not get involved. It will be left to the resort and Disney security to decide on if you should be made to check out .
Disne6 trespasses a family last year because the dad made an off color joke about a meth lab. They have shown they will trespass people over what seems like a minor issue. And on that note, I'm done discussing this with you.

Regardless of legality, human decency would suggest that walking into someone’s hotel room and catching them undressing, or showering, without having a really good reason to do so, is disrespectful at the least. I really doubt that Disney wants the bad PR of people going online and sharing horror stories about being caught naked by an overzealous cast member. And I have no doubt a lawsuit would quickly follow.

Regardless of legality, human decency would suggest that walking into someone’s hotel room and catching them undressing, or showering, without having a really good reason to do so, is disrespectful at the least. I really doubt that Disney wants the bad PR of people going online and sharing horror stories about being caught naked by an overzealous cast member. And I have no doubt a lawsuit would quickly follow.
Exactly THIS..

I do have a hard time understanding how it is different from renting an apartment in regards to privacy. A landlord cannot just walk into their property anytime he wants, at least in my state they have a requirement of giving notice without getting your permission first. You are in essence renting a room from Disney, and any reasonable person would expect to have privacy in their bedroom and bathroom areas.

They can't walk in if you have the security bolt set when you enter room. Common sense is walk in room and use the security latch the hotel has on the door while in there to prevent someone from entering. Is there an on site hotel that doesn't provide these?

I do have a hard time understanding how it is different from renting an apartment in regards to privacy. A landlord cannot just walk into their property anytime he wants, at least in my state they have a requirement of giving notice without getting your permission first. You are in essence renting a room from Disney, and any reasonable person would expect to have privacy in their bedroom and bathroom areas.
you are correct .. when the hubby was doing warrants and evictions he had to learn all the laws in regards to rentals and hotels included and you do have rights in a hotel you pay for as long as your paying for it if your following state laws.

They can't walk in if you have the security bolt set when you enter room. Common sense is walk in room and use the security latch the hotel has on the door while in there to prevent someone from entering. Is there an on site hotel that doesn't provide these?
I always set the sway bar but it sounded like someone mentioned staff had a way to defeat it. Maybe I read that wrong

I always set the sway bar but it sounded like someone mentioned staff had a way to defeat it. Maybe I read that wrong

Would be interesting to know if they had way to go around that. Now I'd be upset if I had that locked and they fit on room somehow while I was showering! But I'd take responsibility if I hadn't locked it and they came in...

When you sign a lease it usually states that the landlord must give notice. In the terms and conditions we agree to when booking a WDW room it states they reserve the right to enter the room at their discretion.

Just thinking about it makes me twitchy.

Lol. Them trying to enter the room while I’m in the shower puts a huge alert from me to them. Maybe we can both call 911 at the same time?

“They won’t let us in to peek around or empty trash.”

versus

“A stranger is entering my room while I’m naked and won’t take no for an answer.”

It would be worth missing rope drop for that.

:rotfl2:

Would be interesting to know if they had way to go around that.

They do. And we are really glad that they do when we were out on the balcony at AKL and the balcony door locked on us. We had the sway bar engaged and they were able to disengage it to "rescue" us. :rotfl2:

Now I'd be upset if I had that locked and they fit on room somehow while I was showering! But I'd take responsibility if I hadn't locked it and they came in...

They won't use it except in cases like ours or some other real emergency.

This brings up another point, because as a parent this is where my mind goes. Does Disney fully and regularly background screen every single employee who has access to room keys? Because this just sounds like a sex offender’s dream job.

This brings up another point, because as a parent this is where my mind goes. Does Disney fully and regularly background screen every single employee who has access to room keys? Because this just sounds like a sex offender’s dream job.

Housekeeping, the people doing the security checks? They've always had access to the room...

When you sign a lease it usually states that the landlord must give notice. In the terms and conditions we agree to when booking a WDW room it states they reserve the right to enter the room at their discretion.

Unfortunately THAT does not give them a free ride to invade your privacy just like signs on wet floors that say “ caution wet floor “ does not excuse the businesses responsibility.. the law just does not work in that way ( and you should be glad ) but if they ask you to vacate the room for a good reason they can but they are not going to start asking people to leave over a room inspection without very good reason . It is easy to look up Florida law on hotels in reference to your rights and their rights . Disney is the owner but it does not make them above following the state law.They are pretty limited to what they can do with a paying guest not committing a crime .

Why not just use the latch?

Have there been reports of anyone in the shower with the occupied sign on and the latch on the door and the security check team have just walked in?

Why not just use the latch?

Have there been reports of anyone in the shower with the occupied sign on and the latch on the door and the security check team have just walked in?

I agree with this also , my response was simply from the statement that they would send in “swat “ or LE just for locking your door and preventing unwanted entry.. I really don’t think that without good reason Disney isn’t going to pop a latch .

I agree with this also , my response was simply from the statement that they would send in “swat “ or LE just for locking your door and preventing unwanted entry.. I really don’t think that without good reason Disney isn’t going to pop a latch .

I don't think they will either. So why bring along another device, if the intention is to keep housekeeping or someone doing the room check out?

You may think it crazy (most of us do) but if Disney does decide to kick someone out who blocked all access to their room, my money would be on Disney's lawyers.

Blocking them from entering your room in any way is not a "perfect solution". It is a great way to get lots of attention from them, and not the good kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!