perks when renting points

MikeScott8

SSR-Poly DVC Member
I am not sure if I should ask this here or the point rent board, anyway here it is:

If a person rents points from a DVC member does the renter have all the perks as the DVC member? of course I don't know what any extra perks (other than pool hopping - which I would not use) DVC members get so if you want to pass that along too, as extra info for my pondering the purchase?

I ask because we are renting points for Jan.

Thanks,
Mike

Technically, if a payment is received then the renter is not entitled to the DVC member privileges. In practice, the renter is given an ID card that says DVC member.

Your resort ID card/room key card that you get on check-in.

Renters should get the same perks as those paying cash through CRO or those in on an exchange. They should not get the discounts, free movies, etc. As noted, the reality is that DVC could care less and when a renter checks in, they will get an ID card that says member and will be able to get all of the perks except those that require the actual member to be present.

Your room key will say DVC Member in the lower right hand corner and you will be able to do such things as pool hop. But also remember that you will receive no house keeping during your stay except towel and trash on the 4th day of your stay.

Thanks everybody for the tips and info.

I am used to not getting houskeeping as usually when I take a vacation I stay at Extended Stay America, which have kitchens and such and don't give daily house keeping.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter