Perks you would like to see as a Platinum member

See, I don't find that. I have 40 DCL cruises under my belt and I am treated no differently than any other guest (aside from the Platinum perks) which is fine. I have never had crew recognize that I have been on so many or say wow, you have been cruising with DCL since Day 1 and have 40 DCL cruises let me treat you special. Doesn't happen. I didn't even get the Platinum magnet that some Platinum cruisers got in the mail.

I would like to see another level like Titanium or Diamond and would love free internet or a photo package instead of a bottle of sparkling wine. Would also like to see some fare discounts or a comp port adventure or the like.

MJ

We never got the new magnet, either. :(

In addition to what they currently give, I'd like to have a free wifi package and a nightly cocktail reception like we get on Celebrity.

Curious what percentage of platinum members are Florida residents and take advantage of special FL rates, or XGT rates last minute. There is the obvious advantage of less overall costs and therefore affording more cruises. In my late summer Dream sailing the past few weeks membership has totally jumped from locals taking advantage of lower FL fares. Even here I read people only live an hour from port.. So it could be that a larger % of platinum members are not high yield customers.. Hench no special rates.

No doubt there are plenty of FL residents that do take advantage of the FL resident rates, when they are offered, which has typically only been on a very small number of cruises at any one time, and they LIMIT the staterooms to 50 for the FL resident rate. How do I know that? I just booked my very 1st FL resident rate for our upcoming Fantasy sailing in early September. I've lived in central FL for 20 years, and live just a little more than an hour from Port Canaveral. I HAVE booked a number of cruises using my DVC points over the years since DCL's inception.

Curious how you know the "membership has totally jumped from locals"? Not saying it's not true, just wondering how you came to that conclusion. :cutie:

I will say this, the total number of nights I have spent on a Disney ship are close to 3 months. IOW, I don't take short cruises as a rule, and I have rarely not stayed in a Verandah room. That said to emphasize that I don't think I would be non-"high yield" customer.

I think all of us here on the DCL forums know all too well that DCL does NOT offer special rates very often, and they do it ONLY when a cruise is not selling out at their goal rate. And home prices are still pretty good here for anyone that wants to move on down here! :flower:

Okay, it can't be titanium or diamond or onyx, people. Those colors are too similar to platinum. Who'd want a lanyard that's almost the same color as the platinum?

Now, maybe Ruby or Jade or Sapphire... those are also Disney colors, so they'd work better for lanyard colors.

:cutie: Well, how about a SPARKLY "Diamond" lanyard?? I would LOVE that! pixiedust:

Curious how you know the "membership has totally jumped from locals"? Not saying it's not true, just wondering how you came to that conclusion. :cutie:

ere! :flower:

There is a thread in our FB group "where are you from" and the past 2 weeks 9 out of ten newbies are FLs... Our FE group jumped this past month from under 100 members to about 150.. Interesting most are from southern states ( driving distance) Our cruise released VGT rates about 6 weeks ago and I believe FL quite recently..

Curious what percentage of platinum members are Florida residents and take advantage of special FL rates, or XGT rates last minute. There is the obvious advantage of less overall costs and therefore affording more cruises. In my late summer Dream sailing the past few weeks membership has totally jumped from locals taking advantage of lower FL fares. Even here I read people only live an hour from port.. So it could be that a larger % of platinum members are not high yield customers.. Hench no special rates.

This FL resident platinum Castaway Club member takes to heart that it is of your belief that ‘a larger % of platinum members are not high yield customers’.
You actually sound jealous.

The Castaway Club reception on the EBPC last year was awful. It was in the WDT and they had a talk about the performances. No interaction with the officers. Didn't like it at all. I enjoy meeting the officers and mingling. Sitting in a row made me feel like I was trapped.

I'm all for a higher level of CC. DOn't think it will happen though. DCL is very happy with their newbies. They are higher revenue generating guests.

and the past 2 weeks 9 out of ten newbies are FLs..

Wow. Most interesting, Mousefan! Thanks for letting me know those statistics you've observed. IMO, DCL has been offering more discounted cruises lately. Not sure why, unless it simply coincides with hurricane season sailings which are not quite as busy, and then as a sub-set, those cruises that are during school for the kiddos.

I know I was tickled to find what I thought was a very good rate for the Sept 8 Fantasy sailing. It was close to as good as a CM rate. I have since upgraded to our very first ever concierge suite as a surprise for my DH who has been working extra hard lately. I'm so excited about the surprise I can scarcely wait the next 2 months to see his face when he see where and what our stateroom is!! :dogdance:

Wow. Most interesting, Mousefan! Thanks for letting me know those statistics you've observed. IMO, DCL has been offering more discounted cruises lately. Not sure why, unless it simply coincides with hurricane season sailings which are not quite as busy, and then as a sub-set, those cruises that are during school for the kiddos.

I know I was tickled to find what I thought was a very good rate for the Sept 8 Fantasy sailing. It was close to as good as a CM rate. I have since upgraded to our very first ever concierge suite as a surprise for my DH who has been working extra hard lately. I'm so excited about the surprise I can scarcely wait the next 2 months to see his face when he see where and what our stateroom is!! :dogdance:
Mine is also in Sept. Seems they are not filling the dream in september this year too many Irma memories. Our FE group of locals just couldnt say no these prices. Win win as if a hurricane comes. They simply stay home ( no costs) and get a refund if cruise is cancelled

This FL resident platinum Castaway Club member takes to heart that it is of your belief that ‘a larger % of platinum members are not high yield customers’.
You actually sound jealous.
Huh? I am confused. I simply stated it is my observation that my FE group has a high number of FL taking advantage of recently released discounted fares. 1. Being local no airfare so you can jump on a cruise if the price and time is right 2. Many were repeat cruisers ( giving us tons of advice). I then openly pondered here what % of Platinum are FL residents who simply have the home court advantage to cruise last minute when prices drop. If I were a FL resident I‘d also wait for soecials. The yield of a discounted cruise is less than a family who books their once in a life trip where airfare, school needs to be in consideration and book a non- discounted room as usually when they book no VGt or FL rates are avail ( if) yet. So I could see Disney not willing to give away the farm here with more %s on top of that. No jealously here, dont know where I insinuated that.

I then openly pondered here what % of Platinum are FL residents who simply have the home court advantage to cruise last minute when prices drop.

Certainly true that those of us that live within a few hours drive can more readily cruise. Though I am a FL resident, I think our upcoming Sept 8th sailing has the least lead time of any cruise I have ever booked, and it was 3 months out. I generally book about 9 or 10 months out as this upcoming cruise is my first FL resident priced sailing. For me, getting time off work has been a beast, making last minute bookings (for me that would be 2 or 3 months out) pretty much impossible. No doubt there are folks that have more flexibility than I have had.

I really think your cruise and mine both being in September plays into the discounts we currently see. There are EEA residents Canadian residents & military discounts right now as well for Fall sailings, when the kids are back in school. I'm surprised to see a few summer dates that are discounted this year. Not sure what's up with the ships not filling up as usual.

While I won't take anything away from your personal experience, I know too many people very well, that work on the ships regularly as part of their role w/Disney and they have told me that they have even seen photos of frequent cruisers backstage to remind the crew working there that these folks are onboard.
That is seriously creepy if they do that.

I get how at first reaction one could think that is "creepy", but if you give it a bit of thought, there are MANY companies that have high service levels that do very similar. Just how much info do you think Disney has on YOU from your trips, especially if you have ever been a pass holder, if you have the MDE app, stay at a Disney hotel, etc., etc., etc.

I know the Ritz Carlton keeps up with ALL sorts of likes and dislikes of their guests, and the way they always seem to know guests on sight, I would not be surprised if they do the same. DCL has your passport number, your DOB, etc. AND they have your photo too, honey. :cutie: They verify when getting on and off the ship.

I get how at first reaction one could think that is "creepy", but if you give it a bit of thought, there are MANY companies that have high service levels that do very similar. Just how much info do you think Disney has on YOU from your trips, especially if you have ever been a pass holder, if you have the MDE app, stay at a Disney hotel, etc., etc., etc.

I know the Ritz Carlton keeps up with ALL sorts of likes and dislikes of their guests, and the way they always seem to know guests on sight, I would not be surprised if they do the same. DCL has your passport number, your DOB, etc. AND they have your photo too, honey. :cutie: They verify when getting on and off the ship.
Honey(as you like to say) putting up pictures of guests for the crew to look at is creepy. I hope they don't put pictures of kids because that is super creepy. Yes dcl has minimal info about me hopefully they are not sharing it with the crew.

Honey(as you like to say) putting up pictures of guests for the crew to look at is creepy. I hope they don't put pictures of kids because that is super creepy. Yes dcl has minimal info about me hopey they are not sharing it with the crew.

LOL! Yep, "honey" is a southern thing. Not meant to offend at all. :D

I will say that my buddies that have been onboard said only adults, and it was only in an officer's area, and that it was only 3 or 4 pix they saw, and NOT posted on a bulletin board for the masses by any remote stretch. In all my dealings with DCL and their crew, I have found them outstanding in the way they handle things and people with great class and aplomb. ("aplomb" is NOT a commonly used southern word, like "honey" or "sweetie" or "darlin'") :cutie:

In the parks, you and I are recognized by our bio-metrics, like our fingerprints. Is also creepy? CM's can tell when we tap our MB's that it is our birthday and all sorts of stuff. If you have spent much time at all staying at a Disney property or in Disney parks, you have most likely experienced this in some way.

We have gotten a bit off topic here, cruiser21, so I will end our conversation here on this thread. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. :sunny:

I'd love fare discounts, but as others have pointed out, DCL doesn't really need to give out perks to repeat cruisers. So long as the freshies keep coming in, I expect CC to be a minimal "me-too" loyalty program, maintained more from a P.R. perspective than anything else.

Maybe I am in the minority, but wi-fi is absolutely the very last thing I want on a cruise. I want to be as disconnected from the "real world" as possible. If it weren't for the Navigator app and the camera on my phone, I would be more than happy to put in the safe as we leave for the muster drill, and not touch it again until debarkation day.

I don't think it's off topic because it's related to being platinum. I've been on cruises with cruisers that are reaching the 100 mark and they get acknowledged or called out. I assume it's very few cruisers that get recognized in this way...not your average platinum or frequent cruiser. When I've seen them recognized in front of a room full of people they looked uncomfortable and I don't blame them.
I don't like being asked how many cruises I've been on and I've only been on 20. I especially feel uncomfortable when I'm asked by a first time cruiser whose on a once in a lifetime trip.

I've also noticed these mega cruisers don't where their platinum lanyards. They probably don't want to explain why they've taken 60+ disney cruises.
I really do think they need to add a couple more levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter