Perpetually Tinkering with my Trip Plans...

Oh no. I've been hearing lots about flight changes lately. What a hassle.

Agreed. Perhaps the most aggravating part is now I have much longer layovers than I signed up for, although the part that is the most impactful is that I now have a length-of-stay car rental that I cannot rebook for anything close to the price I originally had.

I went in to my Delta app and was surprised to see additional changes that I did not receive emails about.

One of my trips, from MCO to La Crosse, was a 2-flight trip with a layover. They're now listed as two separate trips on the same day. :confused3 Because they are not linked, I suspect I will have to leave the secure area, collect my luggage, and then check-in again and go through TSA screening again. I should have plenty of time for all that, since the layover is now EIGHT HOURS long. I'm going to have to change my flights, because this is absolutely not okay. It's an 8-hour layover for a flight that is 45 minutes gate to gate. Well, it's not even considered a layover at this point. :headache:

I should be able to drive the distance between MSP and my final destination in less time than the layover. I mean, I could drive from MSP to his town, and back to MSP, and to his town again by the time the second flight would get me there. This, of course, assumes rental cars are available, so I might just be up a creek without a paddle. :furious:

Oh no! I can't believe things are so messed up :confused3 . I hope you can get a satisfactory solution.

Oh no! I can't believe things are so messed up :confused3 . I hope you can get a satisfactory solution.

Thanks! I just looked at Delta's site for MCO-LSE on the date of travel and there are several other options, and not one is as ridiculous as what I currently have in my account. I guess I'll be calling. :scared:

What I originally booked:
MCO-MSP: 6:45am - 9:17am
MSP-LSE: 10:25am - 11:33am

What I have now:
MCO-MSP: 11:02am -1:35pm
MSP-LSE: 9:37pm - 12:25pm ("was 1:45-3:37")

It's a good thing I hadn't yet cancelled my Hyatt MCO; I might still need it. A lot of the flight options leave early in the day.

My parents said they might be able to pick me up from MSP and drive me to Wisconsin, but that is not an ideal solution, because they are driving over from Washington. There's too many delay scenarios that could make that frustrating to both of us to get the timing right.

So, I got the email. I actually go:
Orlando to Minneapolis
Minneapolis to Los Angeles
Los Angeles to Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City to La Crosse
:oops: :headache: :rotfl:

I...what?! Yeah, I need to call them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter