Personalizing ECVs

kisobel

Mouseketeer
How do you personalize your rental ECV? I want to quickly recognize which one is mine. But I don't want to risk losing something I really like. Photos would be great. I was thinking of zip ties to secure something. Easily cut off for returning.

Kate

How do you personalize your rental ECV? I want to quickly recognize which one is mine. But I don't want to risk losing something I really like. Photos would be great. I was thinking of zip ties to secure something. Easily cut off for returning.

Kate

What do you use to cut the zip-ties? Regular scissors never seem to work for ours (but hubby gets the industrial strength ones I think, LOL!) and I'm not sure what tools would be allowed through security?

I've used twist-ties and pipe cleaners before to temporarily fasten stuff on, but never zip-ties.

I've been known to use handmade yarn pompoms made out of neon colors to decorate suitcases, strollers, beach chairs, even children...

Easiest to pack, and quickest to use: bright, cheerful lengths of grosgrain ribbon, or colorful bandanas can be tied on to handlebars, armrests, etc.

I have seen people use all kinds of garland - everything from Christmas tree garland to Mardi Gras beads - to decorate the baskets on rentals.

There was one time when I saw a "generic" rental seat cover - think of something about the size of a beach towel - that was draped over the back of the seat, and down the seat itself to create a colorful temporary seat cover. Very cute!

Some folks hang colorful backpacks off of the seat back. Vera Bradley packs are popular (in Disney prints, of course LOL) but often you will find that WDW has a "special" backpack on "sale" for $20 with a purchase in the shops.

I have also seen folks make a small laminated "license plate" (Disney themed, of course!) that has their last name, or their nickname, or some other word that is meaningful and hang that off the back of the rental seat.

You can also use small battery operated lights at night - just please DON'T use flashing lights that could cause a seizure, or lights that would be aimed into the eyes of little Guests who ride in strollers! Everyone deserves to have a great time at WDW!

You could also "dress" the seat back with a colorful t-shirt. Tie it at the bottom of gather it with a zip tie to make it harder for someone to accidentally remove it.

I use a pink print backpack anyway, so that personalises my scooter.

This year we're doing the MNSSHP and I'm actually thinking of dressing up the scooter rather than myself! The Cheshire Cat stick on tail and ears which I can place over the tiller, and then I could tie a giant paper grin to the front of the basket!

If you search Google for wheelchair costumes, there's some super cute ideas out there - some obviously for kids, for some could be adapted for scooters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter