Pesky animals and Coolers.

the4moores

Mouseketeer
For those of you who have camped at FW are there animals that are going to get into our coolers at night? We usually camp in Ontario and have to deal with racoons getting into everything. What are your suggestions for nightly clean-up? (ie usually we take daily garbage to central garbage bin then put all of the food and coolers into our van) I once caught a racoon steeling a juice box from our cooler. As well as bread from a rubbermaid container and a wrapped granola bar in our cooler. So now all food and drinks go in the van.

We've never had pesky animals actually get into our cooler in Ft. Wilderness.

When we camp down at Ft. Desoto though, we have to lock everything in the car because the racoons will get into EVERYTHING!

Don't turn your back on your food on the table or grill though in Fort Wilderness, or the big white birds will sneak up and take it right before your eyes!! They've grabbed our hot dogs right off the grill a few times! LOL!

OFF THE GRILL??!!! Do we need to come armed with long handled fly swatters(HAHA). I cant belive that the bird didn't drop it . Seriously though is this a big problem We like grilling out doors not even under the awning on out tt (smoke tends to linger there). Help my 4 yr old will freak out if this happens.

we have not had a problem at Fort Wilderness, the armadillo's seem to be the ones that snoop around the most.

We also had a problem at Fort Desoto, the coons opened the cooler and drank all the pepsi and left the cans scattered all over the campsite, while cooking burgers on the grill the big birds came and took those off the grill they were pretty good size birds

There's nothing cuter than a raccoon drinking a can of pop! :D

We had a raccoon sneak into our screen house at our campsite one night and eat all the crackers and candy I had stored in a container. I shooed him off and just as I fell back to sleep, he came back and took a box of juice bags and started to drink them. At that point I figured I wouldn't let the kids have them after he had touched him so I let him feast away!

I have to say, he was awful cute! Really enjoyed watching him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter