pet peeve IRL and on the DIS

{{{HUGS}}} I agree with WillyJ. Everyone deals with their emotions in different ways. You shouldn't be criticized for that.

Originally posted by jrmasm
She never said anything about not showing the pictures. She said that she did not want to see them and that people were judging her for that.

Reread and see that you both have valid feelings and should respect each others' right to handle the situation in the best way possible.

Holy misinterpretation is right! Here's my original comment:
How rude! I have a similar, yet opposite (?) pet peeve (people saying that none of these things should be shown because they don't want to see it) since I'm one of the ones who feels the need to see it.

I understand what she said and didn't say. I actually WAS agreeing with her, though I was having a hard time putting it to words and apparently did a foul job. The "How rude" was meant towards the people Caity was talking about, not Caity. And then I was stating how I am similarly annoyed by a similar comment often made by people who also don't seem to realize that people need to deal with this in different ways.

Caity and others who don't want to see the footage and yet don't want to keep it from those of us who do... I completely understand and respect that you wouldn't want to have to face all this again. The human psyche just isn't so simple that one recipe will fix everyone.

caity caity,

I am with you on this one; I can not watch the images. I diplay flags, and remember the events in my own way.

I felt a little heated about this myself the other day but not because of anyone here. Most of the people at my workplace seemed so indifferent to all of this that I was shocked. I didn't say anything but had a little moment of silence at the proper time by myself. So many of them are very young and I'm worried that they're just going to forget all about it.

I don't need to see the horror of people falling but I feel better when I see the "9-11" film or something like that. I love seeing the heroes and marveling at their courage.

If I've come across too strong to anyone here, I apologize. I've been a little upset myself. {{{{Hugs}}}}

PG -- i don't think you've come across too strong at all. it worries me to think that people might forget too. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!