Pete’s WW2 comment

OhanaBreadPudding

Mouseketeer
Am I really the first person offended/annoyed enough to start a thread. I know it will be brushed off as “a joke” but jokes usually need to be funny, no?

It really seemed like he knew he should not have said it as soon as it came out of his mouth. I’m sure we’ve all said something we’ve regretted. Plus do we need to get offended at every. Little. Thing? I’m offended that you are offended and so on. :sad2:

Yeah, personally didn't bother me at all. I did say "D'oh!", but I do that with a lot of comics too, so. :) Sorry if you were personally offended, I'm quite sure that was NOT his intent at ALL.

What is this about? I just listened to today's show and I missed it I guess? WW2 ?

When you are trying to be entertaining you are going to swing and miss sometimes. It happens. He knew it wasn't a good comment but no need for any drama.

I listen to the Joe Rogan Podcast a lot and he has done it a couple of times and he is a stand-up comedian. Sometimes you just try to be entertaining and funny and it fails.
I'd rather he kept trying to be entertaining than boring and scared to take swings in case of offending people.

And there was nothing to be offended by.

I was also wondering what the comment was so I watched again. It was made during John's rapid fire about a possible 3rd gate at Tokyo Disney. Pete said something along the lines of "I'm guessing it won't be WWII themed."

I don't see it as being that big of a deal. It was just an unfunny joke. Was something removed from the video?

I was also wondering what the comment was so I watched again. It was made during John's rapid fire about a possible 3rd gate at Tokyo Disney. Pete said something along the lines of "I'm guessing it won't be WWII themed."

I don't see it as being that big of a deal. It was just an unfunny joke. Was something removed from the video?
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't hear that.

The only thing I found offensive about John's rapid fire was Tokyo getting a 3rd gate before Disneyland. Then I looked at an annual park attendance report for 2016 and it goes

1. Magic Kingdom 20.4 mil
2. Disneyland Anaheim 17.9 mil
3. Tokyo Disneyland 16.5 mil
4. Universal Studios Japan 14.5 mil
5. Disney Seas Japan 13.5 mil

Then all the other Orlando Disney parks and so on. Ah! That's the interesting discussion, while Disneyland has higher gate counts (and will open Stars Wars months before Orlando and have record crowds), the pressure from Universal is VERY HIGH in Japan while not as true in California or Orlando. Even Half-a-Day Hollywood Studios beat Universal in attendance, with the new stuff coming it's not remotely in danger.

So maybe they are building to beat down the competition where it's the strongest? I actually think this rumor has serious validity.

Last edited:
The only thing I found offensive about John's rapid fire was Tokyo getting a 3rd gate before Disneyland. Then I looked at an annual park attendance report for 2016 and it goes

1. Magic Kingdom 20.4 mil
2. Disneyland Anaheim 17.9 mil
3. Tokyo Disneyland 16.5 mil
4. Universal Studios Japan 14.5 mil
5. Disney Seas Japan 13.5 mil

Then all the other Orlando Disney parks and so on. Ah! That's the interesting discussion, while Disneyland has higher gate counts (and will open Stars Wars months before Orlando and have record crowds), the pressure from Universal is VERY HIGH in Japan while not as true in California or Orlando. Even Half-a-Day Hollywood Studios beat Universal in attendance, with the new stuff coming it's not remotely in danger.

So maybe they are building to beat down the competition where it's the strongest? I actually think this rumor has serious validity.
Tokyo Disneyland Resort does very well and is very popular with the people of Japan. Biggest issue they have is space. They are built on a landfill surrounding the ocean. If this new park happens on the rumored space it wouldn't be very big.

Do you think the rumor has any truth? I did think it was interesting Universal Japan is ranked 4th, I didn't realize any of Universal parks had that large of the pie, but also so closed to their Disney counterparts in any market.

Do you think the rumor has any truth? I did think it was interesting Universal Japan is ranked 4th, I didn't realize any of Universal parks had that large of the pie, but also so closed to their Disney counterparts in any market.
Not sure. Japan overall is theme park crazy. Even more so than the US. It's just many of these theme park companies don't have the expansion space there. D23 Expo Japan starts tomorrow so we could find out something there. Tokyo Disneyland is undergoing a major expansion of their Fantasyland and a Tomorrowland expansion.

... I guess its too soon for some.

I work for an insurance company owned by a massive Japanese conglomerate, and some of the older gals I work with were in quite a stir when the Executives came to talk to us the week of December 7th for the second year in a row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter