Pete being flagged...or not? Or sometimes?

What was Pete's issue at VGF?

Pete doesn't have any issues with the Villas at GF (that I know of), but he gave a very bad review on the hotel side. I think he said he even considers it his most negative hotel review to date?

Here is the review on the hotel if others are wondering what I was referring to

Last edited:
What evidence do you have that supports any of this??? Where are you getting the grands occupancy rates before/after Pete’s rant? Ohana is still hard to get a reservation for after Pete’s rant on it.

? I said nothing about Ohana. And Pete goes back and forth on Ohana anyways? And last I recall he was actually telling people to GO to Ohana and try and save it. And Craig on that show told people to not do so and go elsewhere. There was a whole big thread at the time. But again, I made no argument about Ohana?

On one of the show they have mentioned the price at the Grand hotel side (despite being the flagship) isn't price yielding as rapidly as other deluxes, even deluxes not on the monorail, it would seem to indicate demand is softer there. Is that Pete's fault/cause? No, of course not. The Grand is solely and completely responsible for their reputation. And, I am LOLing you read that because it was at the end of a WAYYYY too long post.

In a thread at the time, it was noted that other reviews of GF on other sites agreed with Pete, it was becoming a consensus the Grand was a miss, so that's why I was also mentioned those other reviews as well. While there Pete tweeting out @WDWtoday and did get some recovery efforts from a lead the next morning. After the GF review was aired, Pete mentioned on the DL show (now SEVERAL weeks after his actual stay) he had heard from Disney yet again trying to do recovery for the GF stay. He never followed up on the details of what they discussed.

Pete mentioned this summer he knew he was getting flagged for sure as reviews they were trying to do were spoiled by the hotel managers clearly overcompensating from the get go. It seems like Disney (or other hotel managers) saw the GF hotel review debacle and wanted to try and keep it from happening again, if possible.

I think it becomes a fair question how much flagging of Pete is going on at this point, as sometimes it might not be something he can identify, done behind the scenes with upper managers he is not interacting with.

Is that Pete's fault? Of course not. Is it happening? Maybe? I think there are indicators of it?

Last edited:

If the Disney system is simply pulling up a main account for a person and linking a reservation to that account, wouldn't cast members only have to flag an account once to have that information always reappear for future stays? If that's the case, then once an account is flagged, it's always flagged.
You are correct and they do it all the time. We were there for DW birthday. Multiple CM wished her a happy birthday. We asked for an allergy menu in one venue. Numerous times after servers said we see someone has an allergy, who needs the allergy menu? And you walk around their properties with two tracking devices. They know a lot about you.

So no evidence
@CampbellzSoup what do you mean?

I rarely find that you and I do not see eye to eye so is there something I have said that is being misunderstood? Have I offended you? Is it being taken as offensive to the team rather then more of a discussion on Disney's behaviors and what's happening behind the scenes?
It's definitely possibly we may just disagree and that's of course okay, but this appears to be more then that. As someone I respect very much, I'd really like to discuss the different parts of it if I jumbled what I was saying?

Pete doesn't have any issues with the Villas at GF (that I know of), but he gave a very bad review on the hotel side. I think he said he even considers it his more negative hotel review to date?

Lol. I love Pete! After being scared of the couch spreading communicable diseases he went and checked for soapscum by rubbing the bottom of the shower curtain on his tongue. Not quite, but he was all up and through there 🤣

Pete doesn't have any issues with the Villas at GF (that I know of), but he gave a very bad review on the hotel side. I think he said he even considers it his more negative hotel review to date?

Wow. Now I'm going to look at his BLT review... !

FWIW, we had a magic band problem when we checked in on the hotel side back in 2016 as well. We got our room ready text, and our MBs indeed opened the room, and we got the building and view we'd requested ... but another family was already in the room! Multiple calls later, we were put in another room that was worn and dingy and not the view we'd requested and paid for. They refunded us 1/2 night's cost, and gave us FPs, and moved us after the 1 night in the icky room (apparently they were all booked?). But a genuine apology and acknowledgement that we had a reason to be upset and that it was all their fault, really made the difference.

I’d say that DFB should stick with food reviews (the other reviews are outside their wheelhouse), but also that my tastes don’t really line up with DFB. It’s definitely slick and informative, and AJ has a wonderful speaking voice, but some of the things and restaurants they rave about I’m not a fan of.

I think it’s a great channel to get a feel for what’s out there, for what’s new, and if you’re just missing Disney and need a fix, but not the best place to go to get a feel for quality and actual reviews to put it politely.

But yes her voice is great!

I think it’s a great channel to get a feel for what’s out there, for what’s new, and if you’re just missing Disney and need a fix, but not the best place to go to get a feel for quality and actual reviews to put it politely.

But yes her voice is great!

....And most vlogs are around 15mins, and that works for just about everyone

We stayed in a Poly Bungalow for six nights and I can say the level of service was definitely a step up from out stays in the Poly Studios. Perhaps they know guests spend an insane amount of points or cash to stay there so they are treated with a higher level of service.

I think the DVC resort went above and beyond in part because it was a group of older ladies. Who doesn't love older ladies on a trip together? No one, that's who. They are adorable and were sweet. That goes a long way. You bet they are going to (over) compensate and make sure they are comfortable and happy.

Pete is a huge deal on these boards and the podcast/YouTube channel. He has a cult following. At Disney though, he is one in a million. Truly. A speck.
He goes to great lengths to not get special treatment or to be recognized. He's another paying customer, just like all of us.

I loved hearing him rave about the treatment his mom and friends received. Folks seem to love him go off and rant, but this is a welcome commentary as well.

It seems there are some vLoggers who tend to stay pretty anonymous such as AJ on DFB while others have a much more public personality. Disney knows who they have to take care of, it can be better service or free trips or special access to events. Look at the Trackers or more recently Michael Kay. Disney would be foolish to ignore this very important social media marketing opportunity
The one think I like about Pete and The DIS is they are very upfront as to what is/is not a review. If they are given a comp/freebie they are very honest about it. I feel like many other vLoggers take the comps and boast about how good Disney's events are with minor critiques at most.

We checked into VGC and were informed our room wasn't ready yet and that when it was ready a drawer from the dresser was being repaired and that it would be missing for a night. We were staying only 3 nights in the room and didn't really intend to unpack anyway so we weren't fussed. When we returned about an hour later to check on our room status we were given our room number and offered dinner on at the resort that night to "make up" for our missing drawer. We didn't have plans to dine at the hotel until after we checked out so I tried to decline but they insisted on putting a $100 credit on the room for our inconvenience. For a drawer. That was going to be missing for less than 24 hours. That I had no intention of using.

Sometimes Disney goes really big with the guest recovery even if you're no one. Sometimes people are flagged in their system. No way to know really but I know in my case just being friendly with the CMs and even trying to deny compensation made them push even harder to do something for us.

Assistance moving? Not a big surprise. We had to move rooms once as the smoke alarm in our room was faulty and was going off when we arrived back at around 10.30 pm. There were already maintenance people in our room. They couldn't fix it so had to turn it off. They sent someone to 'help us pack' which we didn't need but they loaded everything into a cart and by the time we'd driven round to the new building, everything was in our room with 3 magic fast passes and a note to say they had comped us dinner at Olivias. We are not influencers or moderators or vloggers , just everyday DVC people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!