Pete Changed Our Plans! Going to try "The Wave"...

AggieDizzer

Mouseketeer
After watching the recent Disney Dining Show where Pete gives us his 5 favorite restaurants on property, we decided to snag a late breakfast reservation at The Wave at the Contemporary (we had never even heard of this restaurant before) and drop our Spice Road Table lunch reservation at Epcot. Hoping it will be worth it - we were looking forward to SRT, but Pete changed our minds. I am already looking forward to the pork belly he raved about!

We might still try SRT later in our trip if we have time, but what do y'all think of The Wave?

We often stop at the bar for a park break, but I find it very dark. Theming shouldn't be a factor but it is when I'm on holiday. Also, knowing Cali Grill is right upstairs with that great view it tough.

I’m trying Flying Fish for the first time for the same reason. Switched from Citricos.

I’m also considering switching from Trail’s End to Sebastian’s Bistro. I know I’ll actually like the food at Sebastian’s more, but I’ve never been to Fort Wilderness and have always wanted to check it out. Plus I’ve backed out of Trail’s End on my last two trips.

We’ll see...

We are also fans of breakfast at the Wave. Large selection of foods that are regularly refreshed. Really tasty!

We are also fans of breakfast at the Wave. Large selection of foods that are regularly refreshed. Really tasty!
We made reservations at The Wave and plan to have the buffet before switching over to the Yacht Club. The buffet looks and sounds so good. I can’t wait.
Does anyone know if The Wave buffet has kids pricing? I’ve seen that the regular price about $24.

Last edited:
I’m trying Flying Fish for the first time for the same reason. Switched from Citricos.

I’m also considering switching from Trail’s End to Sebastian’s Bistro. I know I’ll actually like the food at Sebastian’s more, but I’ve never been to Fort Wilderness and have always wanted to check it out. Plus I’ve backed out of Trail’s End on my last two trips.

We’ll see...

I ate at Sebastian's back in January when I dropped my daughter off for the DCP. We had a nice "going away" dinner together and let me tell you it was GREAT. Our server was excellent, the food was delicious, the place was (generally) pretty quiet...everything we had was delicious (I had the deconstructed pork tacos, she had the Caribbean goat curry), but the pull-apart rolls with the mango chutney restored my faith in humanity. It was SOOOO good. You'll love it!

I'm not nearly the expert that some others on the boards are but I know a thing or 2 about WDW, and the fact that this restaurant flies under the radar but seems to be getting almost universal (haha) praise is kind of amazing! It's a hidden gem for sure! We can't wait to try it out.

Ah maybe you don't know what I am referring to - Pete Werner and the crew recently did a Dis Dining Show episode in which Pete shared his top 5 WDW resort restaurants. One of his faves is this restaurant (The Wave - dot dot dot - of American Flavors).

So I was referring to the grand pooh-bah himself, Pete Werner. :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!