Pete Changed Our Plans! Going to try "The Wave"...

Ah maybe you don't know what I am referring to - Pete Werner and the crew recently did a Dis Dining Show episode in which Pete shared his top 5 WDW resort restaurants. One of his faves is this restaurant (The Wave - dot dot dot - of American Flavors).

So I was referring to the grand pooh-bah himself, Pete Werner. :) :)
I see. I don't read, watch or listen to any Disney blogs so no clue who Pete is.

We ate for the first time at the Wave for breakfast on our trip in February. The breakfast was fantastic and my kids really liked it. Keep the reservation :)

After watching the recent Disney Dining Show where Pete gives us his 5 favorite restaurants on property, we decided to snag a late breakfast reservation at The Wave at the Contemporary (we had never even heard of this restaurant before) and drop our Spice Road Table lunch reservation at Epcot. Hoping it will be worth it - we were looking forward to SRT, but Pete changed our minds. I am already looking forward to the pork belly he raved about!

We might still try SRT later in our trip if we have time, but what do y'all think of The Wave?

The Wave is truly a hidden gem. :cloud9: I love the wave A LOT, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So much so, that i almost always eat there at least twice during a trip. One trip I ate there three times (twice for breakfast, and once for dinner).

I hate to break it to you, but the pork belly (bacon & eggs) that Pete raves about is only available as an app at dinner time. :(

The Wave is truly a hidden gem. :cloud9: I love the wave A LOT, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So much so, that i almost always eat there at least twice during a trip. One trip I ate there three times (twice for breakfast, and once for dinner).

I hate to break it to you, but the pork belly (bacon & eggs) that Pete raves about is only available as an app at dinner time. :(

Nooooooo!! Well, I guess I will be going with the breakfast buffet then. :)

What I also loved about their breakfast was that you could also get some regular menu items in addition to the buffet at no extra charge (there were a couple of exceptions though). We ordered french toast along with the buffet and it was great.

What I also loved about their breakfast was that you could also get some regular menu items in addition to the buffet at no extra charge (there were a couple of exceptions though). We ordered french toast along with the buffet and it was great.
Which items were you able to order? I’m excited about the sweet potato pancakes and pecan butter (I think it was pecan)

Which items were you able to order? I’m excited about the sweet potato pancakes and pecan butter (I think it was pecan)

I don't remember for sure. Sorry. I know it was only one or two things you couldn't order but I can't remember.

We had dinner at the Wave once and thought it was ok, but not worth the hype everyone gives it. Just our opinion though.

After watching the recent Disney Dining Show where Pete gives us his 5 favorite restaurants on property, we decided to snag a late breakfast reservation at The Wave at the Contemporary (we had never even heard of this restaurant before) and drop our Spice Road Table lunch reservation at Epcot. Hoping it will be worth it - we were looking forward to SRT, but Pete changed our minds. I am already looking forward to the pork belly he raved about!

We might still try SRT later in our trip if we have time, but what do y'all think of The Wave?
Aggie.....when we exhausted all our MK options for dinner...I finally said...what about the Wave??? Never been disappointed! Only thing is its a nice 10 minute walk from the gate...so 10 there...10 back...and nice hour plus meal can eat into your park day a little. Totally worth it though! Quality is way up there....service...can be way up there...and it's reasonable! TRY IT!!!

The sweet potato pancakes are on the buffet itself, but you have to ask your waiter for the pecan butter. The eggs Benedict and the french toast were on the buffet itself. In addition, our waiter said we could have an omelet as part of the buffet price.

The sweet potato pancakes are on the buffet itself, but you have to ask your waiter for the pecan butter. The eggs Benedict and the french toast were on the buffet itself. In addition, our waiter said we could have an omelet as part of the buffet price.
Thanks so much. That sounds great. I’m really excited to hear about the omelette.

The breakfast buffet is so good! Dont forget, the price also includes some made-to-order items off the menu such as french toast (french toast was not on the buffet when i went....as i said, its made to order...not sure if there have been changes since i've been a couple months ago). So yummy. I love the 3 spreads that come with it. The macadamia butter is my fave. I think eggs benedict is also on that list. Its a great breakfast. You wont be sorry. ENJOY! :)

I just wanted to add that not only was the french toast made-to-order, but the eggs benedict were too. I tried both. So im not sure why they were on the buffet when you were there? All the years i've been there its always been made-to-order. Weird? When did you go?

I just wanted to add that not only was the french toast made-to-order, but the eggs benedict were too. I tried both. So im not sure why they were on the buffet when you were there? All the years i've been there its always been made-to-order. Weird? When did you go?

I went the first week of February this year. Both items were on the buffet line. I did notice that they refreshed the eggs benedict, whether they were all gone or not, about every 15 minutes.

I went the first week of February this year. Both items were on the buffet line. I did notice that they refreshed the eggs benedict, whether they were all gone or not, about every 15 minutes.
Hmmmm, interesting. Perhaps they made a change to the made-to-order menu. Either way, i still love that place. :)

Pete changed my mind too! Had California Grill booked at 180 days but the current menu isn’t as appealing as the one when we booked. We changed our reservation to The Wave and added DAH. Husband and I ate at the Wave 3 years ago for our anniversary and are doing it again in two weeks. Can’t wait to try the bacon and eggs this time. My husband has already declared we have to get two orders as he isn’t sharing :rotfl2: I’m trying to work breakfast into our September trip.

Also, do both! Spice Road Table is one of my favorites :)

We had dinner at the Wave once and thought it was ok, but not worth the hype everyone gives it. Just our opinion though.

Agreed. 3 "meh" meals there and in no rush to go back.

Both were on the buffet the 2x we have gone for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter