Peter Tork of the Monkees has died.

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
From his Facebook.
The REAL Peter Tork (Official)
37 mins ·
It is with beyond-heavy and broken hearts that we share the devastating news that our friend, mentor, teacher, and amazing soul, Peter Tork, has passed from this world. As we have mentioned in the past, the PTFB team is made up of Peter’s friends, family and colleagues – we ask for your kindness and understanding in allowing us to grieve this huge loss privately. This page will remain open for your use in sharing your thoughts with your fellow fans and hopefully helping you through your own grieving journey, however the team will not be available for some time as we start to mend our own hearts and calm our minds.

We want to thank each and every one of you for your love, dedication and support of our “boss.” Having you in our world has meant so very much to all of us. Please know that Peter was extremely appreciative of you, his Torkees, and one of his deepest joys was to be out in front of you, playing his music, and seeing you enjoy what he had to share. We send blessings and thoughts of comfort to you all, with much gratitude ~ptfb team

That's a shame. The Monkees were my very first concert ('67)

They were sorta my first concert too. It was in the late 1970s in Manhattan but it only featured two Monkees. One was Davy and for the life of me can't remember if the other was Mickey or Peter. I'll have to ask my older sister who took me.

They were sorta my first concert too. It was in the late 1970s in Manhattan but it only featured two Monkees. One was Davy and for the life of me can't remember if the other was Mickey or Peter. I'll have to ask my older sister who took me.
According to this it was eitherr 69 or 86 when you saw them. They split up for a number of years.You likely saw the 86 show with Dolenz/Jones/Tork (Nesmith was a holdout forever)

http://www.monkeesrule43.com/tours.html

I find the Monkees’ music underrated and under appreciated. I have their first 5 albums on CD and listen to them often. Probably my favorite song is either The Girl I Knew Somewhere or Don’t Call On Me.

I find the Monkees’ music underrated and under appreciated. I have their first 5 albums on CD and listen to them often. Probably my favorite song is either The Girl I Knew Somewhere or Don’t Call On Me.
Boyce and Hart, Neil Diamond, Carole Bayer Sager, Carole King, Jack Nicholson (yes, the actor) Harry Nilsson, Neil Sedaka and Paul Wllliams all wrote songs for the Monkees. They may have been a TV show Beatles knockoff, but they used some of the best songwriters in the world.

So sad.

And now the line "hey, hey we're the monkeys" will be going over and over in my head today, lol.

According to this it was eitherr 69 or 86 when you saw them. They split up for a number of years.You likely saw the 86 show with Dolenz/Jones/Tork (Nesmith was a holdout forever)

http://www.monkeesrule43.com/tours.html
Hmmm it wasn’t 69 I’d have been a baby and too old in 86. I was def in elementary school. Was def in the late 70s. It was a small venue in Manhattan. I’m curious now.

I figured it out. Davy and Mickey played in the Empire State Building - Riverboat - in 1977. I thought that seemed familiar but didn’t realize it was there for sure.

Last edited:
I am so very sad. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Monkees. I followed them around the USA during their 20th Anniversary Tour. Rest in peace Peter and please say "hi" to Davy for me.

This is sad. I am in my early 60s, the Monkees were an important part of my growing up years. I was really affected when Davy Jones died, he was one of the first celebrity crushes. It makes you stop in your tracks when those you consider your “generation” start to pass away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!