Peter Tork of the Monkees has died.

Just leaves Micky Dolenz (formerly Circus Boy before the Monkees) and Mike Nesmith whose mother invented Liquid Paper.

Last edited:
Jack Nicholson
Nicholson (and his song) was in their movie called "Head"(Frank Zappa was in it too)
Just leaves Mickey Dolenz (formerly Circus Boy before the Monkees) and Mike Nesmith whose mother invented Liquid Paper.
I remember when the Monkees got big that I got made fun of at school because I remembered him from Circus Boy. I was so stupid to think that the drummer from the Monkees was on the tv show about the kid at the circus.:rolleyes1

My husband called me at work and said "The Monkees are coming to town in 2 weeks, let's go! Oh and Peter died today."

So sad. I guess I shouldn't pass up the chance to see Mickey and Mike.

My husband called me at work and said "The Monkees are coming to town in 2 weeks, let's go! Oh and Peter died today."

I saw Davy Jones at a F & G concert years ago. We had a trip planned a few years later & I was excited he was again going to be there. I was heartbroken that he died weeks before. Mickey came & did his concert dates, singing many of Davy’s songs in tribute to him.

I am a Monkees fanatic, I'll be honest. I have been a fan since the start, at age 3. I have seen one incarnation or another 12 times, 11 with Peter. He was very genuine and gracious and played many instruments. By the posts and pictures I've seen on Monkees fan sites, his cancer had come back with a vengeance, poor guy.

I saw the Micky/Mike show in June, less than a week before they had to suspend it so Mike could get bypass surgery. If you are a fan at all it is phenomenal, and they really enjoy themselves. I'm sure it will be a little melancholy this time around with Peter dying so recently, but it is still well worth it. I wish I could see them this spring but when they announced their Detroit date I already had Disney World booked that week.
I am telling my students, if they have a band they really love and a chance to see them, GO NOW! Don't wait! You just never know. It means more to people my age but still.
BTW it is "Micky", without the E.

I am a Monkees fanatic, I'll be honest. I have been a fan since the start, at age 3. I have seen one incarnation or another 12 times, 11 with Peter. He was very genuine and gracious and played many instruments. By the posts and pictures I've seen on Monkees fan sites, his cancer had come back with a vengeance, poor guy.

I saw the Micky/Mike show in June, less than a week before they had to suspend it so Mike could get bypass surgery. If you are a fan at all it is phenomenal, and they really enjoy themselves. I'm sure it will be a little melancholy this time around with Peter dying so recently, but it is still well worth it. I wish I could see them this spring but when they announced their Detroit date I already had Disney World booked that week.
I am telling my students, if they have a band they really love and a chance to see them, GO NOW! Don't wait! You just never know. It means more to people my age but still.
BTW it is "Micky", without the E.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll go ahead and get the tickets!!

We are now down to the Fab Two and the Prefab Two.

Forgive me for saying this but I have thought for years that the Beatles are dying in order of talent, so Ringo should be base jumping and stuff.

Just leaves Micky Dolenz (formerly Circus Boy before the Monkees) and Mike Nesmith whose mother invented Liquid Paper.
I was just going to ask this. I think Mike had enough money from his moms inheritance, that he just put the rock group behind him.
Why was Davey Jones the only one fro. great Brittain.

According to this it was eitherr 69 or 86 when you saw them. They split up for a number of years.You likely saw the 86 show with Dolenz/Jones/Tork (Nesmith was a holdout forever)

http://www.monkeesrule43.com/tours.html

I saw them when they toured in '86. I also served him a hot dog! It was a touristy beach area with a boardwalk and I worked at a stand that sold hot dogs, cotton candy and popcorn. He was very nice! I loved the Monkees when I was a kid! ETA - I still do!

Peter Tork was also my favorite Monkee. I saw the 3 of them on the 86 tour. I went with a bunch of people my age group and we all knew ALL the songs because we literally grew up with them starting at about age 5 on. It was probably the most fun I've ever had at a concert because of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!